[ANN] Changes Bar 1.6 Available

Changes Bar 1.6 available via the plugin manager.

New Features/Fixes in 1.6:
- Added 'Active Changelist Scope' to system scopes list
- Added new Automation features for when switching active changelist :
"Close files from other Changelists" and "Open files from activated
Changelist"
- Fixed colour scheme issue with idea default look and feel.

Many thanks to Taras Tielkes for developing and contributing the 'Active
Changelist Scope' code.

Please note that from this version onwards only Selena will be supported
as version 7 specific OpenAPI is now being used.

Any comments or bug reports welcome. You can now file issues online at
http://code.google.com/p/ideachangesbarplugin/issues/entry

11 comments
Comment actions Permalink

These look amazingly great, but please, please, please compile your plugins with 1.5! Some of us poor Mac users won't be running against 1.6 for a while, yet.

--Dave Griffith

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi Dave,

Are they not? I could have sworn it said the JDK was 1.5 in my project
settings... I shall check and re-release if so.

Cheers,
N.

Dave Griffith wrote:

These look amazingly great, but please, please, please compile your plugins with 1.5! Some of us poor Mac users won't be running against 1.6 for a while, yet.

--Dave Griffith

0
Comment actions Permalink

I switched to the latest version offered by plugin manager and now the project view content is missing.

IDEA reports the following exceptions:

Bad version number in .class file
com.intellij.diagnostic.PluginException: Bad version number in .class file
at com.intellij.openapi.components.impl.ComponentManagerImpl$ComponentsRegistry.a(ComponentManagerImpl.java:63)
at com.intellij.openapi.components.impl.ComponentManagerImpl$ComponentsRegistry.a(ComponentManagerImpl.java:51)
at com.intellij.openapi.components.impl.ComponentManagerImpl$ComponentsRegistry.access$100(ComponentManagerImpl.java:37)
at com.intellij.openapi.components.impl.ComponentManagerImpl.a(ComponentManagerImpl.java:130)
at com.intellij.openapi.components.impl.ComponentManagerImpl.initComponents(ComponentManagerImpl.java:9)
at com.intellij.openapi.components.impl.stores.ApplicationStoreImpl.load(ApplicationStoreImpl.java:13)
at com.intellij.openapi.application.impl.ApplicationImpl.load(ApplicationImpl.java:233)
at com.intellij.idea.IdeaApplication.run(IdeaApplication.java:57)
at com.intellij.idea.MainImpl$3.run(MainImpl.java:1)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:461)
at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.c(IdeEventQueue.java:192)
at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.b(IdeEventQueue.java:147)
at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.dispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:130)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:242)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:163)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:157)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:149)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:620)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:465)
at com.intellij.util.lang.UrlClassLoader._defineClass(UrlClassLoader.java:116)
at com.intellij.util.lang.UrlClassLoader.defineClass(UrlClassLoader.java:112)
at com.intellij.util.lang.UrlClassLoader._findClass(UrlClassLoader.java:88)
at com.intellij.ide.plugins.cl.PluginClassLoader._loadClass(PluginClassLoader.java:43)
at com.intellij.util.lang.UrlClassLoader.loadClass(UrlClassLoader.java:64)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:242)
at

Kind regards

Thomas Gülden
Munich, Germany

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hello Thomas,

I assume you're running on a Mac as well?

-tt


0
Comment actions Permalink

No, I run IntelliJ 7.0 M2 on Windows XP Pro.

Thomas

0
Comment actions Permalink

Well, I'm confused. Even though I was running the latest EAP I
specifically compiled with the 7M2 sdk, but as you guys had problems,
I've built again running M2 also... I hope this is just a bug or
something and isn't going to be the case for good, as this could be a
pain in the butt moving forward.

New version 1.6.1 on the plugin manager, please let me know if it works
for you or not.

Cheers,
N.

Thomas Gülden wrote:

No, I run IntelliJ 7.0 M2 on Windows XP Pro.

Thomas

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hello Nathan,

Well, I'm confused. Even though I was running the latest EAP I
specifically compiled with the 7M2 sdk, but as you guys had problems,
I've built again running M2 also... I hope this is just a bug or
something and isn't going to be the case for good, as this could be a
pain in the butt moving forward.

New version 1.6.1 on the plugin manager, please let me know if it
works for you or not.


I would assume adding a "-target 5" compiler option would suffice. By default
java 6 assumes "-target 6", generating "v50" classfiles, which a 5.0 JVM
cannot load.
To be honest I don't understand the need for the additional, 1.5-compiled,
IDEA package described here:
http://www.jetbrains.net/confluence/display/IDEADEV/EAP7269Release+Notes

Perhaps I'm missing something?

Taras


0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi Taras,

Of course... I forgot about those flags, thanks. Sounds like the best
plan for moving forward.

Cheers,
N.

Taras Tielkes wrote:

Hello Nathan,

>> Well, I'm confused. Even though I was running the latest EAP I
>> specifically compiled with the 7M2 sdk, but as you guys had problems,
>> I've built again running M2 also... I hope this is just a bug or
>> something and isn't going to be the case for good, as this could be a
>> pain in the butt moving forward.
>>
>> New version 1.6.1 on the plugin manager, please let me know if it
>> works for you or not.


I would assume adding a "-target 5" compiler option would suffice. By
default java 6 assumes "-target 6", generating "v50" classfiles, which a
5.0 JVM cannot load.
To be honest I don't understand the need for the additional,
1.5-compiled, IDEA package described here:
http://www.jetbrains.net/confluence/display/IDEADEV/EAP7269Release+Notes

Perhaps I'm missing something?

Taras

0
Comment actions Permalink

1.6.1 works for me.

--Dave Griffith

0
Comment actions Permalink

Phew!

N.

Dave Griffith wrote:

1.6.1 works for me.

--Dave Griffith

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.