[ANN] HTML Previewer Plugin 0.1

Small but useful plugin which embed Internet Explorer in to additional
tab of HTML editor.

Of course, Windows only.

7 comments
Comment actions Permalink

it's actually not working at all for me.
well i have to admit, that i've configured the avant browser as the standard
browser (which uses explorer as a reneder engine as well)

-claude


0
Comment actions Permalink

Nice idea! Unfortunately, I get this as soon as I open an HTML file in IDEA 5.1:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: doGetDrawingSurface
at com.jniwrapper.jawt.JAWT.doGetDrawingSurface(Native Method)
at com.jniwrapper.jawt.JAWT.getDrawingSurface(SourceFile:67)
at com.jniwrapper.win32.ui.WindowTools$1.run(WindowTools.java:66)

Does this only work with the JNIWrapper that is bundled with Demetra?

Oh, and it would be nice if the normal text editor would be the default editor
instead of the IE Preview tab.

Sascha

0
Comment actions Permalink

The problem is I am trying to replace jniwrapapper bundled with IDEA
during first initialization but probably unsuccessful. I will try to fix

Sascha Weinreuter wrote:

Nice idea! Unfortunately, I get this as soon as I open an HTML file in IDEA 5.1:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: doGetDrawingSurface
at com.jniwrapper.jawt.JAWT.doGetDrawingSurface(Native Method)
at com.jniwrapper.jawt.JAWT.getDrawingSurface(SourceFile:67)
at com.jniwrapper.win32.ui.WindowTools$1.run(WindowTools.java:66)

Does this only work with the JNIWrapper that is bundled with Demetra?

Oh, and it would be nice if the normal text editor would be the default editor
instead of the IE Preview tab.

Sascha

0
Comment actions Permalink

Alex Tkachman (JetBrains) wrote:

The problem is I am trying to replace jniwrapapper bundled with IDEA
during first initialization but probably unsuccessful. I will try to fix


Hmm, I don't think this can work reliably because Windows won't let you replace
the DLL if it's already loaded. I got it to work though by manually extracting
and replacing the jniwrap.dll in IDEA's bin directory - Now the Text editor is
also the default again. The preview really works great!

Sascha

0
Comment actions Permalink

Any ideas how to solve the problem will be helpful.

The problem is we are not going to release any 5.x versions more (except
an emergeny case) but I would like to have this plugin avaialable for
not Dimetra only but for 5.x as well.

Sascha Weinreuter wrote:

Alex Tkachman (JetBrains) wrote:

>>The problem is I am trying to replace jniwrapapper bundled with IDEA
>>during first initialization but probably unsuccessful. I will try to fix


Hmm, I don't think this can work reliably because Windows won't let you replace
the DLL if it's already loaded. I got it to work though by manually extracting
and replacing the jniwrap.dll in IDEA's bin directory - Now the Text editor is
also the default again. The preview really works great!

Sascha

0
Comment actions Permalink

Small but useful plugin which embed Internet Explorer in to additional
tab of HTML editor.

Of course, Windows only.

Why not Mozilla FF ? This way would work on any platform.
Or even simpler: directly this:
http://jrex.mozdev.org/

Ahmed.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Some advertising:)
If you care Mozilla to be embedded (and have it default browser) you can use EmbeddedBrowser plugin. It also allows opening selection/clipboard/remote html documents, do Java Script evaluation and view DOM for loaded page.
Current version is properly tested on Win32 though.

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.