[ANN] TabSwitch 1.0

MRU open files/tabs switcher (like Alt-Tab in Windows, Ctrl-Tab in Opera). By default mapped to Alt-A (another popular assignment is Ctrl-Tab).

changes since 0.7.4:

  • Work around implemented for bug in IDEA which caused TabSwitch to display closed files in its list oo.

  • Made TabSwitch usable again for people who like to set the tab limit to 1. Tab limit of 1 is automatically detected and the number of files displayed in the popup is controlled by the "recent files limit" editor setting.

  • Added feature to quickly switch between two tabs (Thanks to Marc Juul Christofferson). This is a new SwitchBetweenTwoTabs action, which can be assigned a key.


Let me know how it works for you.

12 comments

Bas Leijdekkers wrote:

MRU open files/tabs switcher (like Alt-Tab in Windows, Ctrl-Tab in Opera). By default mapped to Alt-A (another popular assignment is Ctrl-Tab).

changes since 0.7.4:

  • Work around implemented for bug in IDEA which caused TabSwitch to display closed files in its list oo.

  • Made TabSwitch usable again for people who like to set the tab limit to 1. Tab limit of 1 is automatically detected and the number of files displayed in the popup is controlled by the "recent files limit" editor setting.

  • Added feature to quickly switch between two tabs (Thanks to Marc Juul Christofferson). This is a new SwitchBetweenTwoTabs action, which can be assigned a key.


Let me know how it works for you.


Excellent! Great work Bas.

Cheers,
N.

0

Thanks for maintaining this plugin Bas. It is extremely useful and
I still think it should be part of IDEA :)

Vince.


0

Vincent Mallet wrote:

Thanks for maintaining this plugin Bas. It is extremely useful and
I still think it should be part of IDEA :)

Vince.


+1, me too.

0

Amnon I. Govrin wrote:

Vincent Mallet wrote:

>> Thanks for maintaining this plugin Bas. It is extremely useful and
>> I still think it should be part of IDEA :)
>>
>> Vince.
>>


+1, me too.


Yeah, +1 here too.

0

I love it. thanks for good plugin

-RT

Amnon I. Govrin wrote:

>> Vincent Mallet wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for maintaining this plugin Bas. It is extremely useful and I
>>> still think it should be part of IDEA :)
>>>
>>> Vince.
>>>
>> +1, me too.
>>

Yeah, +1 here too.



0

Nice stuff!
Could you made it configurable so it would use recent files limit
instead of tab limit?

Bas Leijdekkers schrieb:

MRU open files/tabs switcher (like Alt-Tab in Windows, Ctrl-Tab in Opera). By default mapped to Alt-A (another popular assignment is Ctrl-Tab).

changes since 0.7.4:

  • Work around implemented for bug in IDEA which caused TabSwitch to display closed files in its list oo.

  • Made TabSwitch usable again for people who like to set the tab limit to 1. Tab limit of 1 is automatically detected and the number of files displayed in the popup is controlled by the "recent files limit" editor setting.

  • Added feature to quickly switch between two tabs (Thanks to Marc Juul Christofferson). This is a new SwitchBetweenTwoTabs action, which can be assigned a key.


Let me know how it works for you.

0

I probably could if I knew what you meant, could you explain?
Current behavior is: The TabSwitch window shows all files opened in the editor. Except if you have set a tab limit of 1, then all open files would just show the current file. So if the tab limit is 1, TabSwitch shows basically the same files as "Recent Files...", and the number of files it shows is controlled by the "Recent files limit" setting. What would you like it to do?
By the way, thanks for all the compliments everybody.

Bas

0

Use "Recent files..." even if tab limit is greater 1.
Eq. Tab limit is 5 and recent files limit is 15. So I would have the
MRU-cycle refer to the last 15 files.

Bas Leijdekkers schrieb:

I probably could if I knew what you meant, could you explain?
Current behavior is: The TabSwitch window shows all files opened in the editor. Except if you have set a tab limit of 1, then all open files would just show the current file. So if the tab limit is 1, TabSwitch shows basically the same files as "Recent Files...", and the number of files it shows is controlled by the "Recent files limit" setting. What would you like it to do?
By the way, thanks for all the compliments everybody.

Bas

0

And those last 15 files would be a list of first the 5 currently open files (if 5 files were open) and then the 10 most recently closed files?

0

yes. So it would be more consistent with recent files (which one would
use without your plugin).

Bas Leijdekkers schrieb:

And those last 15 files would be a list of first the 5 currently open files (if 5 files were open) and then the 10 most recently closed files?

0

If it's consistency you want, it probably should show exactly the same
list as Recent Files (the 15 last accessed files)?

Sven Steiniger wrote:

yes. So it would be more consistent with recent files (which one
would use without your plugin).

Bas Leijdekkers schrieb:

>> And those last 15 files would be a list of first the 5 currently
>> open files (if 5 files were open) and then the 10 most recently
>> closed files?

0

Sven Steiniger wrote:

Could you made it configurable so it would use recent files limit
instead of tab limit?


I have made this configurable in the new 1.5 version. For this you need
to start IDEA with the new version installed at least once. This creates
a "tab_switch.xml" file in "$idea.config.path$/options". When IDEA is
not running change the option SHOW_RECENT_FILES from "false" to "true"
and start up IDEA again. Now TabSwitch shows a recent file list instead
of only the open files.

Bas

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.