Version 4.1.1 of the Rearranger plugin has been uploaded.
- rearranges (reorders) class and class member declarations according to a user-specified order and/or method call hierarchy;
- generates section-marking comments;
- provides several controls for spacing within and between methods and classes; and
- permits the user to manually rearrange items.
This version fixes several problems:
1) Configurations can be saved. A minor change was necessary for IDEA 5.0 (Irida build 3431) in which the supplied XMLOutputter class changed. Plugin version 4.0.3 attempted to fix this but my build environment was corrupted and included some 4.0.2 classes. (Net effect: it still didn't work.)
2) Fixed ArrayIndexOutOfBounds exception that occurred when parsing an enum without a final semicolon after the last field. Enum parsing in general is more robust. Thanks to Bas Leijdekkers for pointing this out.
3) Fixed problem where methods were dropped during rearrangement when "Keep Extracted Methods Together" was chosen and the method call tree was circular; e.g. if method1 calls method2, and method2 calls method1, then neither would appear if the option was chosen. Now circular references are eliminated and the first method encountered during rearrangement will precede the other in the rearranged output. Thanks to Jonathan Johnson for bringing this to my attention.
4) Show enums in popup tree with "enum" icon, not "class" icon.
I am aware of several more problems, the worst being intermittent corruption of the "package" statement. This appears to be a timing issue of some sort; if spacing options are turned off, the corruption seems not to happen. I'll try to get some help from JetBrains.
I apologize for the delay in fixing and releasing this version. Thanks for your collective patience.