GenerateToString is a action plugin for IDEA that is used to create or update java classes toString() method. The reason is valuebeans usually needs to dump their fieldvalues for debug purpose, and it's tedious to write the dump code for this. So this action plugin generates the code to dump all the fields in a simple manner.
v3.16 for IDEA 5.0x (jul-28-2005)
- Compiled with IDEA EAP build 3424 (Irida)
- Note: Templates supported in this version is not compatible with plugin v3.00 or older. To upgrade:
1) Uninstall plugin, 2) Start IDEA without this plugin, 3) Install plugin, 4) Restart IDEA
- On the fly inspection for class does not override toString() method now only highlights the classname instead of the entire class code.
- toString() is not active in generate menu for Java interfaces
- Default template with StringBuffer now handles getter methods
- Default template for JDK1.5 StringBuilder included