Hi all ....
i would like to add/update some of the www.intellij.org wikipages regarding plugindevelopment.
whats really needed are some tutorials that cover the basic steps when developing a plugin and
that present some best practices for plugin development with intellij. recently i tested some of the
"new" di features of irida and im really impressed on how easy it is with them to develop.
i think some "chapters" could be:
- metafiles (what have i to write in which file in the plugin to get the correct informations at plugins.intellij.net and in the pluginmanager to show up).
- some basics like
- how do i add a toolwindow
- how do i contribute an action
- how do i create a settings-dialog and wire it with my plugin (here i think the di-stuff is really handy)
- what are the responsibilites of the various Manager classes
what do you think?
is such a tutorial needed or is this superfluous because all information is somewhere in the wiki or the tracker?