I've submitted a new plugin for IDEA 4.x.
Copyright version 0.0.1 Release Notes for IDEA 4.x
"Project Copyright Notice"
This plugin allows you to maintain a consistent copyright notice in all your project's Java files. You can define a unique copyright notice for each project. This includes it's location in the file.
The copyright notice can be placed in one of the following locations:
- At the start of the file before the "package" statement.
- Between the package statement and any imports.
- Between the imports and the first top level class before the class' Javadoc comment, if present).
You may also specify that when an update occurs, any old non-Javadoc comments between the start of the file and the first top-level class be removed. This basically makes the assumption that the only non-Javadoc comment in this region is an old copyright notice you are updating.
The option to update the copyright notice will appear in the following locations:
- At the end of the context menu for a Java file in an editor.
- At the end of the context menu for a Java class in the project tree.
- At the end of the context menu for a Java class in the structure tree.
- At the end of the context menu for a Java class in the packages tree.
- At the end of the context menu for a Java package in the project tree.
- At the end of the Code menu if the current editor contains a Java file.
- At the end of the Generate popup menu if the current editor contains a Java file.
Selecting a class or package in the project tree works just like Optimize Imports. You will have the option of updating a single file or the whole package.
Please keep in mind this is an initial release and its purpose is to modify your code. I've tested it with various combinations of code and it seems stable enough.
Please let me know via this forum is you run into any issues.