v1.60 of the toString() plugin has been released at the offical homepage for this plugin at:
This version is only for the IDEA 4.x series.
About the plugin
GenerateToString is a action plugin for IDEA that is used to create or update java classes toString() method. The reason is valuebeans usually needs to dump their fieldvalues for debug purpose, and it's tedious to write the dump code for this. So this action plugin generates the code to dump all the fields in a simple manner.
- Refactored code into several packages and other minor adjustments (renaming of classes etc.)
- Added ClassElement object
- ClassElement is added to the VelocityContext named 'class'
- The following VelocityContext information added:
$class the ClassElement object.
$class.name the name of the class.
$class.qualifiedName the fully qualified name of the class.
$class.hasSuper does the class have a superclass? (extends another class - note extending java.lang.Object is not concidered having a superclass).
$class.superName the name of the superclass (empty if no superclass).
$class.superQualifiedNname the fully qualified name of the superclass (empty if no superclass).
$class.implements(interfaceNames) tests if the class implements the given interface name. Returns a boolean.
$class.implementNames returns the classnames of the interfaces the class implements. Returns a string array. An empty array is returned if the class does not implement any interfaces.
- Default templates are stored in external .vm files in the dk.maerskdata.idea.plugin.generate.templage package.
- Started working on template repository (disabled for v1.60)
/Claus, the author