TMate problem

My tmate status bar shows "Collecting changes...[6 of
9][component/module]". It seems to be stuck here. I have restarted idea
several times but tmate starts up with that message. I have also clicked
the refresh button and still no change in the message. No new commits
have been retrieved. I have tested the connection and it works. I killed
tomcat and restarted. Then the plugin started obtaining the changes again.

So, is there any way I can collect more log info form the webapp to help
diagnose what is causing things to hang?

3 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Looks like I spoke too soon. After restarting the server, it now sticsk
on . So I definately need some method to debug.

-bk

Barry Kaplan wrote:

My tmate status bar shows "Collecting changes...[6 of
9][component/module]". It seems to be stuck here. I have restarted idea
several times but tmate starts up with that message. I have also clicked
the refresh button and still no change in the message. No new commits
have been retrieved. I have tested the connection and it works. I killed
tomcat and restarted. Then the plugin started obtaining the changes again.

So, is there any way I can collect more log info form the webapp to help
diagnose what is causing things to hang?


0
Comment actions Permalink

Thank you for reporting the problem! It should be fixed in TMate build #0.0.30, that I hope to publish today.

This particular problem was caused by the bug, that makes server to collect changes indefinitely, when there are modifications detected just after collecting changes.

To get more debug information from TMate Server you may look at the SERVER_HOME/webapps/tmate/debug.log.txt file, that contains all the server log messages.

Logging is enabled by default now, but if you would like to turn it off, you may alter SERVER_HOME/webapps/tmate/WEB-INF/web.xml file to set "debug" parameter to the "false" value.

Thanks once again,
Alexander Kitaev

0
Comment actions Permalink

If the problem persists you may try to
1) stop the server,
2) delete ".changes" and "/vcs/ccvs/.taginfo" folders on the server side,
3) and start server again.

After restart server will reindex all the existing changes.

If the problem will still be repeatable with TMate build #0.0.30, please let me know (and send debug.log.txt if possible).

Thank you,
Alexander Kitaev

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.