My job is to "integrate clearcase with IDEA", the tool used by our developers. I guess this is via a plug-in.
1. I have never used IDEA, and my last Java development was in 1999 (last century).
2. I am still in the planning phase, and I need some info in order to make some time estimations.
3. Don't know if we're going to use UCM or not. Most probably not.
4. don't have IDEA installed on my machine. Will soon.
I've done some homework:
- looked at IntelliJ Plugins Home, the ClearcasePlugin installation page.
- searched the forums and found some discussions.
- What choices the plug-in gives you when you click on it (don't know which pull down button). A picture would be very helpful.
- Like I said, I'm rusty in Java but current in Perl, bash. What is the likelihood of adding Perl commands on the pull down menu. For example, "put a label on all files under this tree".
- Is there a user documentation on the plugins? where can I find it?