Remote Connection to Websphere Application Server

Hi guys,

I used to have a remote connection to websphere application server configured and working.

After the latest updates ( I don't know if it's due to the latest version of IntelliJ IDEA 14 or the updates to Windows 8.1 ) I keep getting the follow error when trying to test the connection:

Error connecting to the Application Server:
         com.intellij.javaee.process.common.WrappedException: com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.ConnectorException: ADMC0016E: The system cannot create a SOAP connector to connect to host WIN-4MLHUO32KPD at port 8880. Root cause: [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Error parsing HTTP status line "      ": java.util.NoSuchElementException; targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error parsing HTTP status line "      ": java.util.NoSuchElementException]

I'm not using the SSL connection settings and it used to work fine.

Any one has any idea why this is happening?
I can't seem to find anyone with a solution to this problem.



Attachment(s):
idea-was.png
10 comments
Comment actions Permalink
Are there any errors in the WebSphere log?
Googling the error number/message I can see security-related issues. Is it possible, that the security was somehow turned on for the server?

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi Michael,

That's what I find odd,
Websphere is running in a VM and all the settings are exactly the same, I didn't change anything.

The only difference is I changed operation systems in the host environment from Win 7 to Win 8.1 and updated IntelliJ IDEA.
No error is reported in the websphere log, at least at the info level, I'll try setting it to debug and see if it comes up with anything.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Unfortunately no error is reported in websphere log files,

the strangest thing is that using the same VM on Windows 7 I have no problem connecting..



Attachment(s):
idea-was-w7.jpg
0
Comment actions Permalink

Same issue,
9:55:37 Error connecting to the Application Server:
        com.intellij.javaee.process.common.WrappedException: com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.ConnectorException: ADMC0016E: Системе не удалось создать программу подключения SOAP для подключения к хосту fvm82.lpr.jet.msk.su через порт 8880. Root cause: [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Error parsing HTTP status line "      ": java.util.NoSuchElementException; targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error parsing HTTP status line "      ": java.util.NoSuchElementException]




But when I go to fvm82.lpr.jet.msk.su:8880 with browser, I took the answer (look at attach)

           


Attachment(s):
download (1).zip
0
Comment actions Permalink

@uudecode: What is your OS? Is it Windows 8.1 as for the topic starter?

0
Comment actions Permalink

Yes, 8.1 x64 :(

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hello,

I suspect it's OS-specific and could be related to an OS security update.
Could you try to switch-off the OS built-in firewall?
And after all, it does not look like IDEA fault, WS client reports that WS can't perform the operation and we have no means to force it.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Didn't help at all!
Look attach.
Did I turn off windows fireall right ?



Attachment(s):
ideaFtWAS2.png
0
Comment actions Permalink
 
I've made some investigation on the issue (see https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-143260),
and it looks like the only possible reason for the "Error parsing HTTP status line" is that one is trying to connect to a secured WebSphere with an insecured IDEA run configuration.

If you are not sure if your WebSphere is secured or not, you may open WebSphere web administration console: if password is required to enter and/or the protocol of the page is https (not http),
then you can be sure that WebSphere is secured.
In this case you should check 'Use SSL connection' in IDEA run configuration and specify user name + password (same as for the web administration console) and trust/key store + passwords.


@Юрий Иванов
Regarding the answer you have attached in the 'download (1).zip' -- it is actually the answer which is included into "Error parsing HTTP status line "<here>"".
And it looks like an encrypted SSL answer, which is indeed could not be decrypted if you don't check 'Use SSL connection' and fill in the other security settings.
0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi, Dan.
I had the same issue.
I solved it as follows:
I copied default trust store and key store from WAS server (trust.p12, key.p12) to computer with idea and check "Use SSL connection". Default password to this file: WebAS.

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.