Invalid initial heap size: -Xms512m -Xmx512m When running JUnit test in 13.1 EAP

Hi all,

Since my upgrade to 13.1 EAP build 134.1007 , I get the following error when running a Junit test

Could not create the Java virtual machine.
Invalid initial heap size: -Xms512m -Xmx512m

I don't get this error when running the same test in the13.0 CE
I'm using the idea64

Strange thing is all the tests in this project have this issue.
Other projects run fine, so far I've tested

Any hints on whats going wrong ?

6 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Hello.

> Strange thing is all the tests in this project have this issue. Other projects run fine, so far I've tested.
Can it be that other projects run JUnit with different JRE? What is the project JDK in problematic project, project JDK in other projects, and has you specified alternative JRE for running JUnit?

Regards,
Alexander.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi Alexander,
Thanks for the reply.

Both projects use the same JRE, project SDK's are the same, no alternative JRE have been specified.

This can be found in the console (classpath jars have been removed for readablity):
Problematic project :

C:\development\java\jdk1.6.0_45\bin\java -ea "-Xms512m -Xmx512m" -Didea.launcher.port=7533 "-Didea.launcher.bin.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\IntelliJ IDEA 134.1007\bin" -Dfile.encoding=windows-1252 -classpath XXX com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain com.intellij.rt.execution.junit.JUnitStarter -ideVersion5 be.rvponp.pensioncadasterservices.batch.removepenskadrelateddataafterdeath.RemovePenskadRelatedDataAfterDeathTest


Normal project :

C:\development\java\jdk1.6.0_45\bin\java -ea -Xmx512M -Didea.launcher.port=7534 "-Didea.launcher.bin.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\IntelliJ IDEA 134.1007\bin" -Dfile.encoding=windows-1252 -classpath com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain com.intellij.rt.execution.junit.JUnitStarter -ideVersion5 be.rvponp.paymentexecution.services.broker.StopPaymentInfoCivilStateModelUpdateSubscriberUTTest,testGetModifiedCivilState


I've been going through several log files and also several config files but I have not been able to find where the "-Xms512m -Xmx512m" can be found.

Cleaning caches and reimporting the project do not do the trick.

Any hints are still welcome ;-)

0
Comment actions Permalink

Looks like it.
When I remove those params from the pom, the tests run again

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.