editor pretty much broken in 10.5.1 but no problems with 107.277

does anyone else experience this?
the error highlighting breaks after a few minutes, i get lots of exceptions, navigation also breaks down

9 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Yes - I had a similar issue when editing a netbeans generated UI class. Caused error notifications which were reported to Jetbrains.

Once I removed that file, it seems to be behaving.

0
Comment actions Permalink

i reported a lot of exceptions but have no idea what could cause the problem. i could not pinpoint a problematic file

0
Comment actions Permalink

Yes. A number of us at my company have reverted back to 107.199 because the released version was so bad.

Lots of complaints about code being bad (it isn't). There doesn't seem to be any way to recover except to restart IJ. In some cases, only clearing all the caches would allow it to recover. However, even so, it didn't seem like long until it was broken again.

I'll try to be brave enough to run it again and (again) submit some of the exceptions...

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi Jay,

Do you submit them to the tracker? Are there any ticket references then?

Denis

0
Comment actions Permalink

It seems that there are no exceptions or anything showing up in the ~/.IntelliJIdea10/system/log files.

I have one case I ran into this morning where I have a method declared as "foo( String a, String b )", and I'm calling it as, "foo( "my message", bar.toString() );" (where "bar" is an instance of class Bar), and yet I'm getting an error: "foo(String, java.lang.String) in Blega cannot be applied to (String, com.mycompany.Bar)"

After doing some other edits in other classes, when I come back to the class where this error was happening, now IJ says the code is just fine.

In the same class, however, IJ never seems to finish its code analysis. (The box at the top right above the gutter remains forever in the "Performing code analysis" state.

I've hit another case where, although I've used class Bar numerous times in class Foo, and it's listed in the imports, IJ insists on saying it "Cannot resolve symbol 'Bar'", and prompts me to import it. Using the intention to import the class does nothing. As with the other errors, there's nothing in the log file....

I'm not sure what exactly I could file in a bug that would be useful. I hate to polute the formus with general statements like "it doesn't work" (which I admit I'm now guilty of) and I hate to polute your bug tracker with vague bugs that I have no clue how to reproduce.

Is there anything I can turn on to get some more data which would help?

Thanks,

jay

0
Comment actions Permalink

Regarding incorrect highlighting - we (as IJ users) experience that as well from time to time. The problem haven't been identified though. We'll provide the fix to the 10.5.x branch as soon as it's available.

About endless analysis - you can provide us thread dumps, we'll check if there is useful information. Also check if the IDE auto-generated thread dumps.

Denis

0
Comment actions Permalink

in my case the problems only appear when using java7. if idea itself runs on java6, everything is fine.

0
Comment actions Permalink

I recently had a similar issue happen to me.

I killed the fsnotifier process and let IDEA restart it.

That neemed to do the trick

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.