7 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Hello,

It's not clear at the moment. Please register bug report about that at IDEA tracker with steps to reproduce.

Regards, Denis

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hello darpified,

Any ideas of what could cause this? Image:lotsofcontextmenu1.png


Do you have any third-party plugins installed?

As a workaround, go to Settings | Menus and Toolbars and press "Restore Defaults"
button.

--
Dmitry Jemerov
Development Lead
JetBrains, Inc.
http://www.jetbrains.com/
"Develop with Pleasure!"


0
Comment actions Permalink

Settings / Menus and Toolbars reset defaults did not resolve the issue.

Is there a quick way to get a list of all installed plugins, I mainly use the database plugin, flex, gwt, git and subversion, tracklink.

I wouldn't be averse to disabling any other plugins

0
Comment actions Permalink

http://youtrack.jetbrains.net/issue/IDEA-55324

Reported via bugtracker :

The resolution is:

>The problem is caused by plugin with "Change Variable Type".
>Please  patch the plugin.xml yourself (name the group where this action is  added) or uninstall the plugin or do not use customizations with action  from the plugin.
>Thank you



This did not make any sense to me,as I don't have a Change Variable Type plugin

After much digging, not inside any plugin.xml or anything else that I could find I started randomly turning off plugins via
the "change plugin settings" menu, I found the (in hindsight) obviously named "Type Refactoring" plugin, which was causing the actions.



Another note is that it is quite easy to break the default plugins, because the pre-requisites come after the main screen.

For instance, I unchecked java i18n, which broke "Properties", GWT, and a slew of other plugins, and I had to go back and reset each of them, over several
restarts of the application, as the dependencies aren't always obvious.  A warning here or there would have been nice, and the plugin not completely marked as disabled,
but perhaps broken instead would have been easier to repair the damage.

0
Comment actions Permalink

I've had this happen to me as well.  To fix it, I had to go to the "Menus and Toolbars" in IDEA's settings and remove the entries from "Editor Popup Menu".  At one point I felt as if I was getting an additional duplicate with each start of IDEA.  I cannot say for certain whether I'm still getting duplicates -- I will keep an eye on it.

I did get the sense that it had to do with a 3rd party plugin, but haven't any evidence to support that conclusion.

~kc

0
Comment actions Permalink

I've also reported this problem with previous EAP releases. It happened when I tried to modify any of the menus.

0
Comment actions Permalink

After uninstalling that plugin, and upgrading to the newest EAP release I have not had any reoccurence of the
duplicate entries in the context menu.

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.