IU 92.65 Menu modification problem

We've moved from CVS to Subversion, so I wanted to remove the CVS options from the main menu. I went into Project Settings / Menus and Toolbars and deleted the CVS nodes from the Version Control menu. When I OK'd the changes and looked at the main menu, the Version Control submenu had multiple Show Coverage Data and Generate Coverage Report entries in it. I went back in to the Project Settings to clear them out, but they didn't show. I then moved the remaining Version Control entries up to fill the spaces left by deleting the CVS entries. When I returned to view the main menu, there were even more Show Coverage Data and Generate Coverage Report entries in it.

My Version Control menu now looks like this, and I can't see a way to fix it short of manually editing the configuration file:

Version Control menu.png

This looks like an old bug that has come back again - I had exactly this problem a long time ago.

2 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Hello Dave,

Could you please try to disable Idea Server plugin and reset your customization
to default. If it still happens please send me the list of your active plugins.

P.S. I believe that if you moved from one version control to another it probably
better to disable the corresponding plugin?

Thank you
-


Anna Kozlova
JetBrains Inc.
http://www.intellij.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

We've moved from CVS to Subversion, so I wanted to remove the CVS
options from the main menu. I went into *Project Settings / Menus and
Toolbars* and deleted the CVS nodes from the Version Control menu.
When I OK'd the changes and looked at the main menu, the Version
Control submenu had multiple Show Coverage Data and *Generate
Coverage Report* entries in it. I went back in to the Project Settings
to clear them out, but they didn't show. I then moved the remaining
Version Control entries up to fill the spaces left by deleting the CVS
entries. When I returned to view the main menu, there were even more
Show Coverage Data and Generate Coverage Report entries in it.

My Version Control menu now looks like this, and I can't see a way to
fix it short of manually editing the configuration file:

Image:Version Control menu.png

This looks like an old bug that has come back again - I had exactly
this problem a long time ago.

---
Original message URL:
http://www.jetbrains.net/devnet/message/5251652#5251652



0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi Anna,

I didn't have the Idea Server plugin installed (it didn't show on the installed plugins list).

I have now installed IU-92.81, and I disabled the CVS plugin rather than deleting the menu entries.

I don't really have time to do all that again, but at least you know there's a bug still lurking in the menu management.

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.