Fix for 13.1: AngularJS plugin not working (possibly other plugins, too) Follow
TLDR: If AngularJS isn't working, invalidate the caches (File -> "Invalidate Caches / Restart") to force everything to be reloaded.
In case any one else is having this issue:
I just installed IDEA 13.1 overtop my 13.0 installation. When I restarted, I couldn't get AngularJS to work at all. There were no suggestions, ng-* attributes were marked invalid, etc. I was about to pull my hair out, because it was working in a different project, which was a fork of this one.
Anyway, the main difference I could see was that one had a space in the name, and the other didn't. I decided to rename the folder and see if that helped, which, magically it did. I renamed it back, to see if it was an issue with the plugin, but everything was still working.
I'm taking a small guess here, but I think it basically invalidated all the cache data for the project, and forced it to reload. If I'm right (and maybe someone can chime in here), then simply going to File, Invalidate Caches / Restart and invalidating the caches will probably fix your issue.
Please sign in to leave a comment.
The AngualrJS plugin isn't working for me to. Invalidating and restarting did not help.
Please can yopu elaborate a bit more on this issue? What do you mean saying that it isn't working for you? And what are your Idea and Angular plugin versions?
Same results as in the original post (e.g. no code completion for angular tags in html files). I'm using the latest release of Intellij (13.1) and the Angular plugin.
Removing the .idea folder solved the problem.
I think this worked for me.
I am still getting some random highlights on ng-... tags where it tells me it is not allowed in places where I believe it is, and these instances all work correctly too.
Have the same problem here:
<select id="inputTypes" ng-model="currentType" ng-options="s.name for s in types" ng-change="setCurrentType(currentType)"></select>
ng-model and ng-change are marked as invalid attributes.
I have two AngularJS projects, one where the angular directives are highlighted and one where they're not.
The project where the directives are highlighted is an AngularJS project set up with yeoman according to the instructions in the tutorial on thinkster.io ontop of which I created an IDEA project.
The project where the directives are not highlighted is a Gradle WAR project which I imported into IDEA.
I'm wondering if there's something about the yeoman-created project that is flagging the project to the AngularJS plugin that is not present in the Gradle project.