Grails Module with Java module dependency

I have a Grails Module that has a dependency on another Module written in java.
When trying to use the java module IntelliJ correctly asks if it should add a dependency, and the dependency shows up under the Grails Module dependencies. After that IntelliJ autocompletes properly and everything seems to be in order until I try to run the Grails Module. As soon as it tries to execute a part of the Grails app that uses the java module it crashes with a java.lang.ClassNotFoundException for the java class used.

I've tried different dependency setups:

  • Added a artifact based on the java module and adding that to the Grails module.
  • Different combinations of marking the java module to export and scope in the dependency section of the Grails module.


Different run configs

  • adding Make and/or make artifact to the before launch section.
  • enabling and disabling the "Add --classpath: C:\Users\..."


But so far I haven't been successfull. This is the first time I've tried using grails, so it's probably a configuration problem that I can't find.

Using Grails 2.3.6 and IntelliJ 13.1.1

Please sign in to leave a comment.