AIR 3.9 ADL launch fails

I just upgraded (well, I tried this a couple weeks ago too, but was too busy then to try to deal with this problem) to AIR 3.9 from 3.8. Under 3.8, my build/launch configurations all worked just fine. Now in 3.9, I get the "initial content not found" error from ADL. The mysterious thing is that if I immediately copy the adl command from the IntelliJ run box to the command line, it works just fine. This would be OK as a stopgap, except for one thing: I can't debug using this workaround. As far as I can tell, this is new with 3.9. I've used IntelliJ 12 with several versions of AIR 3.8 with no problem.

I've done everything I can think of to try to clear this up, anybody else have some suggestions? Is this just straight up a bug that needs to get fixed by IntelliJ? I don't mind submitting a bug report if that's the case, I'm just not sure yet this isn't something I can't fix locally.

7 comments

What is your OS?
Please paste adl command line and full error output from IntelliJ IDEA.
So far I have no idea why the command works from command line but doesn't work from IDE...

0

Mac OS 10.8.4

Run output in IntelliJ:

<path to AIR 3.9 bin>/adl -screensize iPad -extdir /private/var/folders/zx/dvy314fs7cn4jyt0gm5pwn9c0000gn/T/IntelliJ_ANE_unzipped <path to app descriptor>.xml <path to app directory> -- <some command line arguments>
initial content not found

Process finished with exit code 8

0

Thanks. Though I still can't understand why the same command works differently from Terminal.
One strange thing with your adl command line is that it doesn't contain -XscreenDPI and -XversionPlatform options. Are you sure you use the latest IntelliJ IDEA 12.1.6?

There's already an issue about different behavior of adl from IDE and from Terminal, which I can't understand as well: http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-114714. But your case is different.

Are you using standalone AIR SDK + ASC 2.0 or Flex SDK overlaid with AIR SDK? May I take a look at your *.iml file with Flash module settings?

0

Just double checked my version. I'm on Build #IU-129.1359 from Oct 4th, and Check for Updates says I'm on the latest.

I'm using standalone AIR with the 2.0 compiler. I don't really want to paste my entire .iml in here, which section specifically are you after? I'm not that familiar with this format. I've included the <configuration/> in use here, but I don't see anything about specific launch parameters here, just the compile options and packaging options. Keep in mind, this all works just fine with AIR 3.8.

      <configuration name="HT - Desktop" target-platform="Desktop" pure-as="true" main- output-file="hiddenthingsdesktop.swf" output-folder="$MODULE_DIR$/out/production/hiddenthings-desktop">
        <dependencies>
          <entries>
            <entry module-name="flashbang-starling" build-configuration-name="flashbang-starling">
              <dependency linkage="Merged" />
            </entry>
            <entry module-name="aspire" build-configuration-name="aspire">
              <dependency linkage="Merged" />
            </entry>
            <entry module-name="starling" build-configuration-name="starling">
              <dependency linkage="Merged" />
            </entry>
            <entry library-name="as3corelib-0.93" library-level="project">
              <dependency linkage="Merged" />
            </entry>
            <entry library-name="fzip-a5430bd" library-level="application">
              <dependency linkage="Merged" />
            </entry>
            <entry module-name="react-as3" build-configuration-name="react-as3">
              <dependency linkage="Merged" />
            </entry>
            <entry module-name="flump-runtime" build-configuration-name="flump-runtime">
              <dependency linkage="Merged" />
            </entry>
            <entry module-name="microtome-as" build-configuration-name="microtome">
              <dependency linkage="Merged" />
            </entry>
            <entry library-id="318adde4-47d4-4438-ac58-a6c5e2a363fe">
              <dependency linkage="Merged" />
            </entry>
            <entry library-id="728af3ee-8396-4aaf-8e60-c52faadae302">
              <dependency linkage="Merged" />
            </entry>
          </entries>
          <sdk name="air3.9.0.1030" />
        </dependencies>
        <compiler-options>
          <map>
            <entry key="compiler.debug.swf" value="true" />
          </map>
          <option name="additionalOptions" value="-swf-version=22 -advanced-telemetry -frame=PreloaderDesktop,com.plixl.hiddenthings.HiddenThingsDesktop" />
        </compiler-options>
        <packaging-air-desktop use-generated-descriptor="false" custom-descriptor-path="$MODULE_DIR$/src/main/resources/ipa/hiddenthings-desktop-app.xml" package-file-name="hiddenthings">
          <files-to-package>
            <FilePathAndPathInPackage file-path="$MODULE_DIR$/src/main/resources/fonts" path-in-package="fonts" />
          </files-to-package>
        </packaging-air-desktop>
        <packaging-android />
        <packaging-ios />
      </configuration>


Heading to bed in a minute here, so it'll be some hours before I get back to this thread to update again.
0

Since no workarounds seem to be cropping up, and I haven't found one fiddling myself, I went ahead and dropped in a bug report: http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-115657

0

Try AIR SDK 3.9.0.1200. A lot of problems go away with this update.

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.