Generate BPMN 2.0 diagram Follow Answered Martin Grofcik Created June 10, 2016 13:58 How can I generate BPMN 2.0 diagram from *.bpmn20.xml file in idea 2016.1.3?
1. enable jBPMN plugin
2. associate *.bpmn with xml file type. (http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cD1I2nibFc)
3. generate diagram (http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cD1I2IibFa)
which plugin? actiBPM or others?
Is it available in community edition of intellij?
No, it's Ultimate only feature.
Hmmm ... recently tried to get this plugin going on 2018.2.5, to support the integration of the 'activiti workflow engine' in our software ... results are rather 'dissappointing' (to put it mildly) ...
- when opening an exisiting model, all the graphics are moved up into the top left corner,
- changes to the diagram(s) will not be changed.
- Could be me, but I cannot find a way to start a fresh, new, diagram. The extension of .bpmn (or bpmn2 for that matter) is not enough to trigger the display of a diagram editor ...
Either I'm doing something completely wrong, and as such the earlier mentioned screen-cast-o-matic also is, or this plugin needs a serious overhaul to make it usefull (again) .... for now I will have to revert back to *spit* Eclipse *spit* and the activiti editor plugin to be able to work with bpmn diagrams/models properly.
Please follow the related issue on YouTrack: https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-104687
Thanks, work like a charm!