#7241 - Changes Bar error

Posting error here because blaming Changes Bar from the IDEA error report dialog gave socket timeouts:

I just installed #7241 and reopened & reloaded my project and during loading I got this error:

Already disposed
java.lang.AssertionError: Already disposed
at com.intellij.openapi.components.impl.ComponentManagerImpl.getComponent(ComponentManagerImpl.java:67)
at com.intellij.openapi.wm.ToolWindowManager.getInstance(ToolWindowManager.java:28)
at com.anecdote.ideaplugins.changesbar.ChangesBarProjectComponent.installCommentEditor(ChangesBarProjectComponent.java:234)
at com.anecdote.ideaplugins.changesbar.ChangesBarProjectComponent.stateChanged(ChangesBarProjectComponent.java:769)
at com.anecdote.ideaplugins.changesbar.ChangesBarProjectComponent$7.run(ChangesBarProjectComponent.java:226)
at com.intellij.openapi.wm.impl.commands.InvokeLaterCmd.run(InvokeLaterCmd.java:5)
at com.intellij.openapi.application.impl.LaterInvocator$FlushQueue.run(LaterInvocator.java:0)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:461)
at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.c(IdeEventQueue.java:189)
at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.b(IdeEventQueue.java:131)
at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.dispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:108)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:242)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:163)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:157)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:149)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)

8 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Hi Dave,

Which version of the Changes Bar plugin are you using? This should have
been fixed in a recent release.

Cheers,
N.

Dave Lorde wrote:

Posting error here because blaming Changes Bar from the IDEA error report dialog gave socket timeouts:

I just installed #7241 and reopened & reloaded my project and during loading I got this error:

Already disposed
java.lang.AssertionError: Already disposed
at com.intellij.openapi.components.impl.ComponentManagerImpl.getComponent(ComponentManagerImpl.java:67)
at com.intellij.openapi.wm.ToolWindowManager.getInstance(ToolWindowManager.java:28)
at com.anecdote.ideaplugins.changesbar.ChangesBarProjectComponent.installCommentEditor(ChangesBarProjectComponent.java:234)
at com.anecdote.ideaplugins.changesbar.ChangesBarProjectComponent.stateChanged(ChangesBarProjectComponent.java:769)
at com.anecdote.ideaplugins.changesbar.ChangesBarProjectComponent$7.run(ChangesBarProjectComponent.java:226)
at com.intellij.openapi.wm.impl.commands.InvokeLaterCmd.run(InvokeLaterCmd.java:5)
at com.intellij.openapi.application.impl.LaterInvocator$FlushQueue.run(LaterInvocator.java:0)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:461)
at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.c(IdeEventQueue.java:189)
at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.b(IdeEventQueue.java:131)
at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.dispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:108)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:242)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:163)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:157)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:149)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)

0
Comment actions Permalink

I think it was v.1.5 - but you're right, the plugins list showed a new version available. A bit surprising, because I only updated it a couple of weeks ago :)

0
Comment actions Permalink

Well if you will keep giving me these bug reports... ;)

N.

Dave Lorde wrote:

I think it was v.1.5 - but you're right, the plugins list showed a new version available. A bit surprising, because I only updated it a couple of weeks ago :)

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hello Nathan,

Well if you will keep giving me these bug reports... ;)


Here's another wacky idea:

When changing the active changelist:
-close all files that are not part of the new changelist
-open any files from the new changelist that weren't opened already

Of course:
-this should be configurable and disabled by default
-won't really work for larger changelists

However, for changelists <= 10 files, I think it would be a nice (optional)
feature.

Cheers,

Taras

P.S. Any thoughts on the "Active Changelist scope" patch? ;)


0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi Taras,

Thanks for the suggestions, yeah I'll put this on the list.

You'd possibly want a confirmation dialog before closing files I think -
maybe you want to make a change to an unmodified file under a different
changelist and so you switch to it but without confirmation your file
would close!

Or maybe it should only close files that are in another changelist
already, and leave unmodified ones open...

re: your patch... yeah sorry, been off on leave for a week or so, so
haven't got round to applying it yet. Will do a new release with it in
soon!

Cheers,
N.

Taras Tielkes wrote:

Hello Nathan,

>> Well if you will keep giving me these bug reports... ;)


Here's another wacky idea:

When changing the active changelist:
-close all files that are not part of the new changelist
-open any files from the new changelist that weren't opened already

Of course:
-this should be configurable and disabled by default
-won't really work for larger changelists

However, for changelists <= 10 files, I think it would be a nice
(optional) feature.

Cheers,

Taras

P.S. Any thoughts on the "Active Changelist scope" patch? ;)

0
Comment actions Permalink

Nathan - a small point: although I've updated to the latest version of Changes Bar (1.52?) by removing and reinstalling, the Changes Bar dialog in IDE Settings says it's version 1.4... a typo?

0
Comment actions Permalink

Yeah that is, sorry. :$

Cheers,
N.

Dave Lorde wrote:

Nathan - a small point: although I've updated to the latest version of Changes Bar (1.52?) by removing and reinstalling, the Changes Bar dialog in IDE Settings says it's version 1.4... a typo?

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi Taras,

Version 1.6 of Changes Bar is now released which includes your "Active
Changelist Scope" work.

As an added bonus it also implements the features you requested below.
Let me know if they seem ok.

Cheers for the help,
N.

Taras Tielkes wrote:

Hello Nathan,

>> Well if you will keep giving me these bug reports... ;)


Here's another wacky idea:

When changing the active changelist:
-close all files that are not part of the new changelist
-open any files from the new changelist that weren't opened already

Of course:
-this should be configurable and disabled by default
-won't really work for larger changelists

However, for changelists <= 10 files, I think it would be a nice
(optional) feature.

Cheers,

Taras

P.S. Any thoughts on the "Active Changelist scope" patch? ;)

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.