Ant Integration - IDEA 7.0M2 reporting "cannot resolve symbol X"

Recently, and for now reason that I can find, when I open an editor for an ant build.xml file, ALL of the ant tasks are reported as errors with the message "cannot resolve symbol X".

All of the intelli-sense within the editor still works. The more annoying issue is the fact that every time I move the mouse, I get tooltips about the errors and can't click anywhere until the tooltip auto-hides.

I have checked the logs, no errors. I have checked the knowledge base and forums, could not find anything fully relevant. Other members of my team are not having this problem.

This could be reported as a couple of bugs:
1) The fact that it is happening in the first place
2) IDEA is not reporting any information on how to fix the problem or what is actually going wrong

I am attaching a small screenshot for reference.



Attachment(s):
ant-issue.jpg
2 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Hello arougthopher,

Typically, when every element in ant file is red, this means that Ant configuration in IDEA is wrong.
If your script is added to Ant Build window, invoke properties dialog, check Execution tab, "Run with ant" settings.
Invoke Configure Ant dialog from that panel. Is everything Ok in the Ant configuration? No wrong paths or anything?

Recently, and for now reason that I can find, when I open an editor
for an ant build.xml file, ALL of the ant tasks are reported as errors
with the message "cannot resolve symbol X".

>

All of the intelli-sense within the editor still works. The more
annoying issue is the fact that every time I move the mouse, I get
tooltips about the errors and can't click anywhere until the tooltip
auto-hides.

>

I have checked the logs, no errors. I have checked the knowledge base
and forums, could not find anything fully relevant. Other members of
my team are not having this problem.

>

This could be reported as a couple of bugs:
1) The fact that it is happening in the first place
2) IDEA is not reporting any information on how to fix the problem or
what is actually going wrong
I am attaching a small screenshot for reference.

>
Alexander.

0
Comment actions Permalink

I had investigated this same thing previously, but did so again just to make sure.
It was set to use the bundled 1.7 version, and the path was correct (can't modify the bundled ant through the dialog)
I also tried adding another ant version to see if that would change anything ... alas it did not.

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.