I'm using IDEA 12.1.1. My project is setup to use ipr and iml files rather than the .idea folder.
I want to add an arbitrary Spring XML configuration file to my module's spring facet.
- I open the spring facet for my module in the module settings.
- I have a file set defined in the spring facet.
- If I edit the file set (which seems to be called an 'Application Context' in the titlebar of the dialog) I can then press the green plus to the fileset.
- I select the "XML based configurations" option.
- I then get the Select Path Dialog.
- The Select Path Dialog seems to be rooted at the folder containing my project file (the .ipr file) and it is not possible to select anything outside of this folder.
- My project file is in a folder that is next to my applications code rather than above the code, therefore I cannot actually navigate the Select Path Dialog to the location of the file that I want to include.
Does anyone have any ideas why the Select Path Dialog for the XML based configurations of the spring facet is rooted to the .ipr path and does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might add a file from outside this folder without having to redo all the project configuration?