I'm extremely pleased to say that the freezing problem during refreshes of the Changes window is gone! It only took a few minutes to refresh the last 14 days of history too, which is better than it was before. I also like the way the user and date fields have been positioned.
However, I'm still having a problem with the Incoming Changes: Even after using Update Project, I still see lots of entries in the Incoming Changes -- even changes I made that I know for certain are in my working copy. Essentially the Committed and Incoming lists are identical.
I noticed that most of the changes listed are marked as not being on any branch. When I check the Version Control History for some of the files, it definitely highlights the that particular commit as being on a branch. Even weirder, two files from the same commit I made yesterday are showing up as one with branch and one with the correct branch! I checked the files using WinCVS and both have the same branch revision (1.3.2.x) and both have the correct sticky tag for the branch. There were other changelists which had their files split across the ]]> branch and the correct branch.
Files which were added in a branch have a path in the Changed Files which ends in "Attic". Since the Attic is an artifact of the way CVS handles files created on branches, it shouldn't really show up in my view since as far as I'm concerned I did not add the file to a directory called "Attic".
It would be nice to be able to get the Version History for a file in the list of Changed Files. Currently I have to find the file in my project to do that.
It's getting better! :)