I have IntelliJ Ultimate 12.0.2 installed on my local windows 8 machine.
I have Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS installed on a virtual machine on my local network.
I'm wanting to setup IntelliJ to use a remote Python interpreter.
I take the following steps.
1) Open up my modeule setting (F4)
2) Select Platform Setting -> SDKs -> Add New SDK -> Python SDK
3) Select "Remote...."
4) In the "Configure Remote Python Interpreter" select "Fill from deployment server settings" (see screenshot a)
5) "Test connection" shows "Sucessfully connected to 192.168.1.130 (the Ubunutu VM)
6) Click "OK" - dialog pops up saying it's installing various helpers etc (I don't see any errors produced)
7) Remote interpreter looks as though it's installed but the "Python SDK home path" is shown in red and can't be used (see screenshot b)
Can anyone help tell me what I'm doing wrong please?