Resolve "Project output folder is not set (needed for FlexUnit)" error

I had flexunit working correctly across my AS3 unit-tests. Then I installed RubyMine and it screwed up my IntelliJ configuration somehow. Now, despite having an output-folder defined in my .iml, when I attempt to run FlexUnit I get the error:

Build configuration 'client' (module 'client'): Project output folder is not set (needed for FlexUnit)

I have tried uninstalling IntelliJ, installing the EAP, removing and re-adding output-folders, all in various combinations. Nothing works. Any ideas?

5 comments
Comment actions Permalink

This error message is clickable. It will lead to Project Structure | Project where you need to setup project output folder. Default is [project base dir]/out

0
Comment actions Permalink

Yes. I have clicked on it, change output folder at project level, also tried setting at module level, clearing both, setting one, setting the other. It makes no difference. I've tried uninstalling and installing the EAP version, no difference.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Please search for "NewModuleRootManager" component in the client.iml file, it must be like this:
  <component name="NewModuleRootManager" inherit-compiler-output="true">
    ...
  </component>

There's no UI for this attribute, so you need to close project and edit it manually if it differs.

0
Comment actions Permalink

That resolved it. Many thanks!

0
Comment actions Permalink

That's great! But I have no idea how this could happen to be corrupted. So if you manage to find steps to reproduce please drop a note here.

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.