6733 broken in several ways

I should have posted this a week ago but hey, better late than never. I'm sure many of you have experienced this as well as me.

For me 6733 breaks in a number of ways. After a while (not sure how long) the debug/run buttons and menu items are no longer available and at the same the editor is full of red, for no reason. It just starts happening. Once I'm in this state I can no longer use the IDE. I have reverted to 6708, awaiting the next build.

Anyone else seen this behaviour?

Thanks.

7 comments
Comment actions Permalink

I had similar symptoms that all disappeared after getting rid of all IDEA data on disk. The caches, preferences, settings, etc.

My projects are relatively simple I must admit, but 6733 is working very well for me.

S.

0
Comment actions Permalink

I had similar symptoms that all disappeared after getting rid of all IDEA data on disk. The caches, preferences, settings, etc.

My projects are relatively simple I must admit, but 6733 is working very well for me.

S.

0
Comment actions Permalink

I just removed my caches and tried 6733 again. The debug/run buttons remain disabled even though they are fine with 6708 (see attached). I can edit the config through the "Run" menu but it doesn't change anything. Btw, I am on Mac OS X.



Attachment(s):
Picture 1.png
0
Comment actions Permalink

Actually! I had the same on Demetra today!

Debug/Run buttons are disabled and I can also not select the popup to create a new run config. This changed when I fiddled around with the project view. Suddenly the project came back to life. Too odd to report. But it sounds like your problem.

S.

0
Comment actions Permalink

On 2007-03-07 23:12:28 +0300, Nick Atkins <no_reply@jetbrains.com> said:


I just removed my caches and tried 6733 again. The debug/run buttons
remain disabled even though they are fine with 6708 (see attached). I
can edit the config through the "Run" menu but it doesn't change
anything. Btw, I am on Mac OS X.

<image>


Any exception stacktraces in the log?
What 3rd party plugins do you have installed?

BTW: what L&F you're using? Nice tabs!

0
Comment actions Permalink

I get 10 Exceptions when I open my project:

7 of these: Assertion failed: Access to psi files should be performed only after startup activity
java.lang.Throwable
at com.intellij.openapi.diagnostic.Logger.assertTrue(Logger.java:89)
at com.intellij.psi.impl.cache.impl.RepositoryManagerImpl.getFileId(RepositoryManagerImpl.java:264)
at com.intellij.psi.impl.compiled.ClsFileImpl.getRepositoryId(ClsFileImpl.java:27)
at com.intellij.psi.impl.compiled.ClsFileImpl.getClasses(ClsFileImpl.java:86)
at com.intellij.ide.projectView.impl.ClassesTreeStructureProvider.modify(ClassesTreeStructureProvider.java:11)
at com.intellij.ide.util.treeView.AbstractTreeStructureBase.getChildElements(AbstractTreeStructureBase.java:4)

One of these:

DEPRECATED METHOD USAGE: ProjectImpl.getWorkspaceFile()
java.lang.Throwable
at com.intellij.openapi.project.impl.ProjectImpl.getWorkspaceFile(ProjectImpl.java:44)
at net.trustx.simpleuml.file.UMLFileManager.initDefaultSettings(UMLFileManager.java:63)
at net.trustx.simpleuml.file.UMLFileManager.(UMLFileManager.java:51) at net.trustx.simpleuml.plugin.configuration.ConfigurationFactory.(ConfigurationFactory.java:57) at net.trustx.simpleuml.plugin.UMLToolWindowPlugin.initDefaultConfigurationFactory(UMLToolWindowPlugin.java:622) at net.trustx.simpleuml.plugin.UMLToolWindowPlugin.readExternal(UMLToolWindowPlugin.java:531) at c One of these: 677 java.lang.AssertionError: 677 at com.intellij.openapi.editor.ex.util.SegmentArray.findSegmentIndex(SegmentArray.java:58) at com.intellij.openapi.editor.ex.util.LexerEditorHighlighter$HighlighterIteratorImpl.]]>(LexerEditorHighlighter.java:0)
at com.intellij.openapi.editor.ex.util.LexerEditorHighlighter.createIterator(LexerEditorHighlighter.java:20)
at com.intellij.openapi.editor.ex.util.LayeredLexerEditorHighlighter$Mapper.createIterator(LayeredLexerEditorHighlighter.java:11)
at com.intellij.openapi.editor.ex.util.LayeredLexerEditorHighlighter$LayeredHighlighterIterator.a(LayeredLexerEditorHighlighter.java:14)
at com.intellij.openapi.editor.ex.util.LayeredLexerEditorHighlighter$LayeredHighlighterIterator.advance(LayeredLexerEditorHighlighter.java:23)
at com.intellij.psi.impl.cache.impl.idCache.IdTableBuilding$WordsScannerIdCacheBuilderAdapter.build(IdTableBuilding.java:0)
at com.intellij.psi.impl.cache.impl.idCache.IdTableBuilding$1.run(IdTableBuilding.java:0)
at com.intellij.psi.impl.cache.impl.idCache.IdCacheUtil.updateInfoForFile(IdCacheUtil.java:44)
at com.intellij.psi.impl.cache.impl.idCache.MapBuilder.processFile(MapBuilder.java:13)
at

The last one is:

Too many IDE fatal errors. Monitoring stoppped.

My project is very large btw (1000+ classes) and is a web application.

I have a bunch of plugins: UML, soapUI, struts.

I am on a Mac so of course the tabs look good ;-). But I'm using Shapeshifter Eternal Aqua theme (graphite).

Message was edited by:
Nick Atkins

0
Comment actions Permalink

I get 10 Exceptions when I open my project:


There appears to have been a problem in parsing JSP files in 6733. See the
"Test Case for Broken JSP Parser in 6733" thread from a few days ago for
an example file that causes this. Maxim responded saying the issue was fixed,
so hopefully, the next build will work.

--Mike


0

Please sign in to leave a comment.