IDEA Ultimate 12 EAP evaluation expired

Hello,

Today I have updated my IDEA 12 EAP installation via automatic update, and after restart it told me that I have to enter the key and that my evaluation has expired! But it is EAP, why it did so? Also, when I refused to enter the key (I don't have one, of course, it is impossible to buy upgrade yet), it said that it will shut down in 30 minutes. The about screen then showed that my evaluation ended at January 6, 2012! Then it really closed after 30 minutes. What should I do with this problem? I thought that EAP evaluation will be at least 30 days after release.

Regards,
Vladimir.

6 comments
Comment actions Permalink

I have the very same problem. I would be happy to buy an upgrade to IDEA 12 as well, but thats not yet available.

Thanks
Florian

0
Comment actions Permalink

RC and RC2 have no EAP license, you need to start IDEA12 commercial
evaluation after removal of config directory
(http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-96293#comment=27-414017)

On 12/4/2012 12:53 PM, Vladimir Matveev wrote:

Hello,

>

Today I have updated my IDEA 12 EAP installation via automatic update, and after restart it told me that I have to enter the key and that my evaluation has expired! But it is EAP, why it did so? Also, when I refused to enter the key (I don't have one, of course, it is impossible to buy upgrade yet), it said that it will shut down in 30 minutes. The about screen then showed that my evaluation ended at January 6, 2012! Then it really closed after 30 minutes. What should I do with this problem? I thought that EAP evaluation will be at least 30 days after release.

>

Regards,
Vladimir.

>

---
Original message URL: http://devnet.jetbrains.net/message/5473120#5473120

>

0
Comment actions Permalink

What about on a Mac?

When will we be able to order IDEA 12 licenses?

Thank you,

Donald

On 12/4/12 6:19 AM, Maxim Mossienko (JetBrains) wrote:

RC and RC2 have no EAP license, you need to start IDEA12 commercial
evaluation after removal of config directory
(http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-96293#comment=27-414017)


0
Comment actions Permalink

Maxim, thank you for your answer.

RC and RC2 have no EAP license, you need to start IDEA12 commercial
evaluation after removal of config directory

Is it absolutely necessary? I would like to keep all my settings from IDEA 11.

0
Comment actions Permalink

You can take IntelliJ IDEA 12 RC3 which has this bug fixed

On 12/5/2012 3:05 PM, Vladimir Matveev wrote:

Maxim, thank you for your answer.

RC and RC2 have no EAP license, you need to start IDEA12 commercial
> evaluation after removal of config directory

Is it absolutely necessary? I would like to keep all my settings from IDEA 11.

>

---
Original message URL: http://devnet.jetbrains.net/message/5473246#5473246

>

0
Comment actions Permalink

Yes, I just have updated the installation and it seems to be working well. Thank you very much, the problem is solved.

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.