Rename refactoring bug. 6.5.x-fixed, 6.0.x-not fixed. pls let us have it!

When performing rename refactoring (one of the more common refactorings, I
would imagine), if there are strings/comments containing the current name
(be it method/field/class name), the refactoring 'tool window' shows up and offers
to exclude some/all entries as appropriate. Excluding any items has no effect.

This bug, reported as issue IDEADEV-12251, was fixed by Eugene V. for the
6.5 build line, but is not available in the 6.0.x builds.

Please, this is a common enough refactoring to warrant us having it fixed until
the 6.5 EAP starts... JB: let us have it.

Cheers,

Bonny

6 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Yes please.

Thanks
Boaz

0
Comment actions Permalink

It is fixed now in 6.0 branch too.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hello Bonny,

BR> When performing rename refactoring (one of the more common
BR> refactorings, I
BR> would imagine), if there are strings/comments containing the current
BR> name
BR> (be it method/field/class name), the refactoring 'tool window' shows
BR> up and offers
BR> to exclude some/all entries as appropriate. Excluding any items has
BR> no effect.
BR> This bug, reported as issue IDEADEV-12251, was fixed by Eugene V.
BR> for the 6.5 build line, but is not available in the 6.0.x builds.

Why do you think so? The fix for this bug is included in the build 6112,
which is the 6.0.3 EAP build we released yesterday.

--
Dmitry Jemerov
Software Developer
JetBrains, Inc.
http://www.jetbrains.com/
"Develop with Pleasure!"


0
Comment actions Permalink

well, at the time I checked it was not available and the 6.5.x build was.
I was running the 6111 which did not have it fixed and had not realised there was
another build made ready.

I guess it was a timing issue...

Anyway, I'm glad it's fixed in a release we can all use now.

Cheers,

Bonny

0
Comment actions Permalink

well, at the time I checked it was not available and the 6.5.x build was.
I was running the 6111 which did not have it fixed and had not realised there was
another build made ready.

I guess it was a timing issue...

Anyway, I'm glad it's fixed in a release we can all use now.

Cheers,

Bonny

0
Comment actions Permalink

well, at the time I checked it was not available and the 6.5.x build was.
I was running the 6111 which did not have it fixed and had not realised there was
another build made ready.

I guess it was a timing issue...

Anyway, I'm glad it's fixed in a release we can all use now.

Cheers,

Bonny

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.