Subversion Update problem

On one computer I can not complete an Update Project anymore. IDEA shows the following error message:

Error:svn: Checksum mismatch for 'src/com/siyeh/ig/performance/ObjectAllocationInLoopInspection.java'; expected:
'685f05bb27a7ba21cee32246810e5413', actual: '7592d9a5f67df8254d2274c1caaa6cb6'

No other project or even the same project on other systems show the problem. Does anybody how I can fix this?

Bas

7 comments
Comment actions Permalink

I mean, does anybody know how to fix this?

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hello Bas,

Looks like repository corruption.

There are some subversion mailinglist tips to be found using google, eg:
http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2004-06/0848.shtml

I mean, does anybody know how to fix this?



0
Comment actions Permalink

Or, upon further reading, a working copy problem:
http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2004-06/0939.shtml

Are you using the IDEA SVN client to connect to the Jetbrains repository?

Looks like repository corruption.

There are some subversion mailinglist tips to be found using google,
eg: http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2004-06/0848.shtml

>> I mean, does anybody know how to fix this?
>>


0
Comment actions Permalink

Yes, it is probably a working copy problem, but I still have no clue how to fix it. I would hate to have to reapply all my changes to a fresh checkout. On this machine only IDEA is used to access the repository, no TortoiseSVN, command line tools or anything like that. That also means I don't know what db_dump and db_load, mentioned in the links, are:-)

Bas

0
Comment actions Permalink

I'd just remove all the .svn folders from your working copy, get another instance of the working copy in a different directory and then copy the original working copy over the top of it.

Not having any command line tools will make this tricky, but it should fix the problem.

0
Comment actions Permalink

I've seen this happen before (outside IDEA), and the only way I've found to fix this was to remove any directories where checksum errors were found, and update again. If I had any uncommited changes in these directories, I would copy them somewhere else, and copy them back after the update.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Thanks, that tip helped me fix the problem. What I finally did was I checked out my project to a new location and copied the .svn directory of the directory which contained the problem file over to the old location. That solved my problem with the minimum amout of fuss.

Bas

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.