JSP TLD support : regression ?

I just installed build 3419 (i previously used 3415).
When opening a web project containing jsps using custom tlds, IDEA seems unable to find the definitions (almost everything's red).

The tld definition links are functional, but none of the tags they define seems understood by IDEA.
THe same jsps, in the same projects (same physical files, and i believe same intellij caches ?) opened with build 3415 works fine.

Anyone seeing this too ?
I tried restarting and deleting the idea caches but that didn't help.

6 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Does you tld contain URI?

Thibaut wrote:

I just installed build 3419 (i previously used 3415).
When opening a web project containing jsps using custom tlds, IDEA seems unable to find the definitions (almost everything's red).

The tld definition links are functional, but none of the tags they define seems understood by IDEA.
THe same jsps, in the same projects (same physical files, and i believe same intellij caches ?) opened with build 3415 works fine.

Anyone seeing this too ?
I tried restarting and deleting the idea caches but that didn't help.



--
Best regards,
Maxim Mossienko
IntelliJ Labs / JetBrains Inc.
http://www.intellij.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi Maxim,

The Jsp starts with a tld declaration
the tld file itself has the standard JSP TL 1.2 dtd declaration with "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-jsptaglibrary_1_2.dtd" as a system identifier and the tld definition includes a uri as you said. Here is the beginning of the tld + 1.0 1.2 hsbc http://www.hsbc.com/TabLig/HFE This tag library contains JavaServer Faces component tags for all UIComponent + HTML RenderKit Renderer combinations defined in the JavaServer Faces Specification. ]]>
...+



This uri is a 404. Would that be the reason ?

0
Comment actions Permalink

Could you please attach empty project (just tld and one jsp) to show the
problem? This would greatly help fixing the problem.

Thibaut wrote:

Hi Maxim,

The Jsp starts with a tld declaration
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/tlds/jsf_hfe_basic.tld" prefix="hsbc"%>

the tld file itself has the standard JSP TL 1.2 dtd declaration with "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-jsptaglibrary_1_2.dtd" as a system identifier

and the tld definition includes a uri as you said.
Here is the beginning of the tld
+<taglib>

<!-- ============== Tag Library Description Elements ============= -->

<tlib-version>1.0</tlib-version>
<jsp-version>1.2</jsp-version>
<short-name>hsbc</short-name>
<uri>http://www.hsbc.com/TabLig/HFE</uri>
<description>
This tag library contains JavaServer Faces component tags for all
UIComponent + HTML RenderKit Renderer combinations defined in the
JavaServer Faces Specification.
</description>
..+



This uri is a 404. Would that be the reason ?



--
Best regards,
Maxim Mossienko
IntelliJ Labs / JetBrains Inc.
http://www.intellij.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

0
Comment actions Permalink

I've created a new module with the 2 tlds we use and a jsp using them.
When editing that jsp and pressing Ctrl-space to create a new element i get the auto completion as shown in the image joined



Attachment(s):
Clipboard01.jpg
MyWebApp.zip
0
Comment actions Permalink

if that helps, the problems seems to be caused by having different dtds with the same URI

0
Comment actions Permalink

File the JIRA request with the sample tlds/jsp if the problem persists

Thibaut wrote:

if that helps, the problems seems to be caused by having different dtds with the same URI



--
Best regards,
Maxim Mossienko
IntelliJ Labs / JetBrains Inc.
http://www.intellij.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.