Native Subversion Support

Is this the best place to ask whether there's going to be native
subversion support in palleda? It's the highest voted feature request
and the third party plugins are pretty poor.

Good scm support is critical in an IDE and we're in the midst of moving
off CVS.

/dh

7 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Denis Hennessy wrote:

Is this the best place to ask whether there's going to be native
subversion support in palleda? It's the highest voted feature request
and the third party plugins are pretty poor.

Good scm support is critical in an IDE and we're in the midst of moving
off CVS.

/dh


Pallada is mostly feature complete for now so no more major (if any at all) features will be implemented there. Sorry.

--
Maxim Shafirov
IntelliJ Labs / JetBrains Inc.
http://www.intellij.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

0
Comment actions Permalink

Maxim Shafirov (JetBrains) wrote:

Denis Hennessy wrote:

>> Is this the best place to ask whether there's going to be native
>> subversion support in palleda? It's the highest voted feature request
>> and the third party plugins are pretty poor.
>>
>> Good scm support is critical in an IDE and we're in the midst of
>> moving off CVS.
>>
>> /dh


Pallada is mostly feature complete for now so no more major (if any at
all) features will be implemented there. Sorry.


OK, I really hope this feature gets prioritised soon. It would be good
to understand some of the roadmap planned for IntelliJ so that the
community could develop features that weren't planed and no waste time
on things that are.

/dh

0
Comment actions Permalink

I think that subversion support is one of the things that aren't on IntelliJ radar anytime soon -- expect a third-party plugin for that functionality.

svnup (http://svnup.tigris.org) does the basic bits, if you really need subversion support now.

0
Comment actions Permalink

In article <5943446.1083876538321.JavaMail.itn@is.intellij.net>,
Marcus Brito <pazu@animegaiden.com.br> wrote:

I think that subversion support is one of the things that aren't on IntelliJ
radar anytime soon -- expect a third-party plugin for that functionality.


??? Marcus, have you looked at the Irida VCS types of plugins
supported? That plugin is not 3rd party, it's a plugin by jetbrains
sitting on top of javaSVN... which runs Subclipse.

R

0
Comment actions Permalink

What the heck, why did this stuff pop back up on my reader???

0
Comment actions Permalink

What the heck, why did this stuff pop back up on my
reader???


Eh... no idea. Tiger flu, maybe? This thread is soooo 2004 :P

0
Comment actions Permalink

In article <10209417.1117038236896.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost>,
Marcus Brito <mbrito@gmail.com> wrote:

What the heck, why did this stuff pop back up on my
reader???


Eh... no idea. Tiger flu, maybe? This thread is soooo 2004 :P


yeah no kidding :D

R

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.