JSP files and build 3326

Opening up a standard format JSP file in the editor pegs my cpu until I close the file.
It appears to be expecting my jsp file to be valid XML, but I am not using the xml syntax.

Also, in the project panel with the J2EE tab selected and "Show as Deployment view" enabled, all the jsp files are named "JspClass".

11 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Hi,

You mean jsp file that consists just of <% %>?

Tim Haley wrote:

Opening up a standard format JSP file in the editor pegs my cpu until I close the file.
It appears to be expecting my jsp file to be valid XML, but I am not using the xml syntax.

Also, in the project panel with the J2EE tab selected and "Show as Deployment view" enabled, all the jsp files are named "JspClass".



--
Best regards,
Maxim Mossienko
IntelliJ Labs / JetBrains Inc.
http://www.intellij.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

0
Comment actions Permalink

The last couple builds, including 3326, have been unusable for jsp editing
for me. IDEA "hangs" several seconds between every keystroke.

"Tim Haley" <no_mail@jetbrains.com> wrote in message
news:29146089.1115403293954.JavaMail.itn@is.intellij.net...

Opening up a standard format JSP file in the editor pegs my cpu until I
close the file.
It appears to be expecting my jsp file to be valid XML, but I am not using
the xml syntax.

>

Also, in the project panel with the J2EE tab selected and "Show as
Deployment view" enabled, all the jsp files are named "JspClass".



0
Comment actions Permalink

Yes, JSP files with standard JSP syntax including scriptlets of the form <% ... %>. See http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/syntax/1.1/syntaxref11.html

We have not yet migrated to XML syntax for our jsp files since WebLogic 7.0.4.0 does not support it.

0
Comment actions Permalink

The last few builds have definitely slowed down my jsp editing, but hasn't made it completely unusable until now.

0
Comment actions Permalink

3326 has jsp support mostly rewritten and there are numerous quirks indeed.
That should have been mentioned in released notes probably. Sorry guys.

-


Maxim Shafirov
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"


0
Comment actions Permalink

Can you give some guidance on when JSP 2.0 support will be available for
.jsp files?

Maxim Shafirov (JetBrains) wrote:

3326 has jsp support mostly rewritten and there are numerous quirks
indeed. That should have been mentioned in released notes probably.
Sorry guys.

>

-------------------
Maxim Shafirov
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

>
>

0
Comment actions Permalink

It's there more or less by modulus of possible exceptions and formatting
quirks.

-


Maxim Shafirov
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

Can you give some guidance on when JSP 2.0 support will be available
for .jsp files?

Maxim Shafirov (JetBrains) wrote:

>> 3326 has jsp support mostly rewritten and there are numerous quirks
>> indeed. That should have been mentioned in released notes probably.
>> Sorry guys.
>>
>> -


>> Maxim Shafirov
>> http://www.jetbrains.com
>> "Develop with pleasure!"


0
Comment actions Permalink

OK. I will start reporting problems.

Maxim Shafirov (JetBrains) wrote:

It's there more or less by modulus of possible exceptions and
formatting quirks.

>

-------------------
Maxim Shafirov
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

>
>> Can you give some guidance on when JSP 2.0 support will be available
>> for .jsp files?
>>
>> Maxim Shafirov (JetBrains) wrote:
>>
>>> 3326 has jsp support mostly rewritten and there are numerous quirks
>>> indeed. That should have been mentioned in released notes probably.
>>> Sorry guys.
>>>
>>> -


>>> Maxim Shafirov
>>> http://www.jetbrains.com
>>> "Develop with pleasure!"
>>
>
>

0
Comment actions Permalink

If it weren't for IDEADEV-1115, I would too. That bug makes build 3326 completely unusable for me.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Does that include processing of TEI classes? Symbols in local scope don't seem to be recognised in 3326 with the taglib I'm using (which I'm pretty sure has proper TEIs)

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.