IdeaX and Jetty Plugin, revisited

I tried the latest available 0.5.1.99 and while it mostly seems to work,
there are a couple of exceptions and more importantly, it isn't serving
any pages.

I have included the full log below.

Is there something that I am doing wrong? Is there a problem with the
plugin?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Donald

/Users/dmclean/Library/Application
Support/IntelliJIdea10/JettyIntegration/bin/jetty.sh
/Library/Java/Extensions/jetty-hightide-7.1.6.v20100715/etc/jetty.xml
/Users/dmclean/Library/Caches/IntelliJIdea10/jetty_f0c586613/context-deployer.xml
56872
STOP.KEY=n2g5qas7xyio
2010-12-14 11:54:10.439:INFO::jetty-7.1.6.v20100715
2010-12-14 11:54:10.470:INFO::Deployment monitor
/Library/Java/Extensions/jetty-hightide-7.1.6.v20100715/contexts at
interval 5
2010-12-14 11:54:10.471:INFO::Deployable added:
/Library/Java/Extensions/jetty-hightide-7.1.6.v20100715/contexts/test-annotations.xml
2010-12-14 11:54:11.319:INFO::Deployable added:
/Library/Java/Extensions/jetty-hightide-7.1.6.v20100715/contexts/hightide.xml
2010-12-14 11:54:11.326:INFO::Deployable added:
/Library/Java/Extensions/jetty-hightide-7.1.6.v20100715/contexts/test-jaas.xml
2010-12-14 11:54:11.429:INFO::Deployable added:
/Library/Java/Extensions/jetty-hightide-7.1.6.v20100715/contexts/javadoc.xml
2010-12-14 11:54:11.436:INFO::Deployable added:
/Library/Java/Extensions/jetty-hightide-7.1.6.v20100715/contexts/test-jndi.xml
java.sql.SQLException: Table/View 'MYTESTDATA1' already exists in Schema
'APP'.
     at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
     at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown Source)
     at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(Unknown
Source)
     at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException(Unknown
Source)
     at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException(Unknown
Source)
     at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.ConnectionChild.handleException(Unknown
Source)
     at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeStatement(Unknown
Source)
     at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.execute(Unknown Source)
     at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.execute(Unknown Source)
     at org.apache.derby.iapi.jdbc.BrokeredStatement.execute(Unknown Source)
     at com.acme.JNDITest.doSetup(JNDITest.java:347)
     at com.acme.JNDITest.init(JNDITest.java:152)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.initServlet(ServletHolder.java:421)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.doStart(ServletHolder.java:245)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:55)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.initialize(ServletHandler.java:691)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.startContext(ServletContextHandler.java:204)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:994)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:588)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:380)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:55)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.deploy.bindings.StandardStarter.processBinding(StandardStarter.java:36)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.deploy.AppLifeCycle.runBindings(AppLifeCycle.java:180)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.deploy.DeploymentManager.requestAppGoal(DeploymentManager.java:497)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.deploy.DeploymentManager.addApp(DeploymentManager.java:135)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.deploy.providers.ScanningAppProvider$1.fileAdded(ScanningAppProvider.java:61)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.Scanner.reportAddition(Scanner.java:436)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.Scanner.reportDifferences(Scanner.java:349)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.Scanner.scan(Scanner.java:306)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.Scanner.start(Scanner.java:242)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.deploy.providers.ScanningAppProvider.doStart(ScanningAppProvider.java:136)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:55)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.deploy.DeploymentManager.startAppProvider(DeploymentManager.java:562)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.deploy.DeploymentManager.doStart(DeploymentManager.java:212)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:55)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.doStart(Server.java:225)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:55)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlConfiguration$1.run(XmlConfiguration.java:1018)
     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlConfiguration.main(XmlConfiguration.java:983)
     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
     at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
     at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.start.Main.invokeMain(Main.java:490)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.start.Main.start(Main.java:631)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.start.Main.parseCommandLine(Main.java:280)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.start.Main.main(Main.java:82)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Table/View 'MYTESTDATA1' already
exists in Schema 'APP'.
     at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
     at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.wrapArgsForTransportAcrossDRDA(Unknown
Source)
     ... 48 more
Caused by: ERROR X0Y32: Table/View 'MYTESTDATA1' already exists in
Schema 'APP'.
     at org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown
Source)
     at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.catalog.DataDictionaryImpl.duplicateDescriptorException(Unknown
Source)
     at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.catalog.DataDictionaryImpl.addDescriptor(Unknown
Source)
     at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.catalog.DataDictionaryImpl.addDescriptor(Unknown
Source)
     at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.CreateTableConstantAction.executeConstantAction(Unknown
Source)
     at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.MiscResultSet.open(Unknown Source)
     at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.execute(Unknown
Source)
     ... 42 more
java.sql.SQLException: Table/View 'MYTESTDATA2' already exists in Schema
'APP'.
     at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
     at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown Source)
     at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(Unknown
Source)
     at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException(Unknown
Source)
     at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException(Unknown
Source)
     at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.ConnectionChild.handleException(Unknown
Source)
     at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeStatement(Unknown
Source)
     at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.execute(Unknown Source)
     at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.execute(Unknown Source)
     at org.apache.derby.iapi.jdbc.BrokeredStatement.execute(Unknown Source)
     at com.acme.JNDITest.doSetup(JNDITest.java:358)
     at com.acme.JNDITest.init(JNDITest.java:152)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.initServlet(ServletHolder.java:421)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.doStart(ServletHolder.java:245)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:55)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.initialize(ServletHandler.java:691)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.startContext(ServletContextHandler.java:204)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:994)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:588)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:380)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:55)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.deploy.bindings.StandardStarter.processBinding(StandardStarter.java:36)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.deploy.AppLifeCycle.runBindings(AppLifeCycle.java:180)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.deploy.DeploymentManager.requestAppGoal(DeploymentManager.java:497)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.deploy.DeploymentManager.addApp(DeploymentManager.java:135)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.deploy.providers.ScanningAppProvider$1.fileAdded(ScanningAppProvider.java:61)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.Scanner.reportAddition(Scanner.java:436)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.Scanner.reportDifferences(Scanner.java:349)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.Scanner.scan(Scanner.java:306)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.Scanner.start(Scanner.java:242)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.deploy.providers.ScanningAppProvider.doStart(ScanningAppProvider.java:136)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:55)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.deploy.DeploymentManager.startAppProvider(DeploymentManager.java:562)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.deploy.DeploymentManager.doStart(DeploymentManager.java:212)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:55)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.doStart(Server.java:225)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:55)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlConfiguration$1.run(XmlConfiguration.java:1018)
     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlConfiguration.main(XmlConfiguration.java:983)
     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
     at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
     at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.start.Main.invokeMain(Main.java:490)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.start.Main.start(Main.java:631)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.start.Main.parseCommandLine(Main.java:280)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.start.Main.main(Main.java:82)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Table/View 'MYTESTDATA2' already
exists in Schema 'APP'.
     at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
     at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.wrapArgsForTransportAcrossDRDA(Unknown
Source)
     ... 48 more
Caused by: ERROR X0Y32: Table/View 'MYTESTDATA2' already exists in
Schema 'APP'.
     at org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown
Source)
     at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.catalog.DataDictionaryImpl.duplicateDescriptorException(Unknown
Source)
     at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.catalog.DataDictionaryImpl.addDescriptor(Unknown
Source)
     at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.catalog.DataDictionaryImpl.addDescriptor(Unknown
Source)
     at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.CreateTableConstantAction.executeConstantAction(Unknown
Source)
     at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.MiscResultSet.open(Unknown Source)
     at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.execute(Unknown
Source)
     ... 42 more
2010-12-14 11:54:13.645:INFO::Deployable added:
/Library/Java/Extensions/jetty-hightide-7.1.6.v20100715/contexts/test.xml
2010-12-14 11:54:13.652:INFO::Extract
jar:file:/Library/Java/Extensions/jetty-hightide-7.1.6.v20100715/webapps/test.war!/
to
/private/var/folders/CI/CINiLee0GNS8dGElCJsPx+++0S6/-Tmp-/Jetty_0_0_0_0_20100_test.war__test__.byv1d4/webapp
2010-12-14
11:54:14.887:INFO:org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.TransparentProxy:TransparentProxy
@ /test/javadoc to http://download.eclipse.org/jetty/stable-7/apidocs
2010-12-14 11:54:14.896:INFO::Deployment monitor
/Library/Java/Extensions/jetty-hightide-7.1.6.v20100715/webapps at
interval 5
2010-12-14 11:54:14.902:INFO::Deployable added:
/Library/Java/Extensions/jetty-hightide-7.1.6.v20100715/webapps/cometd.war
2010-12-14 11:54:14.921:INFO::Copying WEB-INF/lib
jar:file:/Library/Java/Extensions/jetty-hightide-7.1.6.v20100715/webapps/cometd.war!/WEB-INF/lib/
to
/private/var/folders/CI/CINiLee0GNS8dGElCJsPx+++0S6/-Tmp-/Jetty_0_0_0_0_20100_cometd.war__cometd__.yk13e4/webinf/WEB-INF/lib
2010-12-14 11:54:15.255:INFO::Copying WEB-INF/classes from
jar:file:/Library/Java/Extensions/jetty-hightide-7.1.6.v20100715/webapps/cometd.war!/WEB-INF/classes/
to
/private/var/folders/CI/CINiLee0GNS8dGElCJsPx+++0S6/-Tmp-/Jetty_0_0_0_0_20100_cometd.war__cometd__.yk13e4/webinf/WEB-INF/classes
2010-12-14 11:54:16.230:INFO::Logging to StdErrLog::DEBUG=false via
org.eclipse.jetty.util.log.StdErrLog
2010-12-14 11:54:16.335:INFO:/cometd:Configuring cometd java demo null null
2010-12-14 11:54:16.345:INFO:/cometd:TimesyncExtension null null
2010-12-14 11:54:16.346:INFO:/cometd:AcknowledgedMessagesExtension null null
INIT org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder$Config@48a84b47
2010-12-14 11:54:16.515:INFO::Deployable added:
/Library/Java/Extensions/jetty-hightide-7.1.6.v20100715/webapps/async-rest
2010-12-14 11:54:16.631:INFO::Deployable added:
/Library/Java/Extensions/jetty-hightide-7.1.6.v20100715/webapps/root
2010-12-14 11:54:16.743:INFO::Deployable added:
/Library/Java/Extensions/jetty-hightide-7.1.6.v20100715/webapps/flexDemo
2010-12-14 11:54:19.477:INFO::Deploy
/Users/dmclean/Library/Caches/IntelliJIdea10/jetty_f0c586613/contexts/devAOI.xml
->
WebAppContext@72d006a7@72d006a7/,file:/Users/dmclean/IdeaProjects/dsb/dads/out/artifacts/devAOI
2010-12-14 11:54:19.675:INFO::Started SelectChannelConnector@0.0.0.0:20100
2010-12-14 11:54:19.675:WARN::FAILED
SelectChannelConnector@0.0.0.0:20100: java.net.BindException: Address
already in use
2010-12-14 11:54:19.675:WARN::FAILED
org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server@52c00025: java.net.BindException:
Address already in use
2010-12-14 11:54:19.675:WARN::EXCEPTION
java.net.BindException: Address already in use
     at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Native Method)
     at
sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:119)
     at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:59)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.nio.SelectChannelConnector.open(SelectChannelConnector.java:209)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.nio.SelectChannelConnector.doStart(SelectChannelConnector.java:289)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:55)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.doStart(Server.java:253)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:55)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlConfiguration$1.run(XmlConfiguration.java:1018)
     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlConfiguration.main(XmlConfiguration.java:983)
     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
     at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
     at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.start.Main.invokeMain(Main.java:490)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.start.Main.start(Main.java:631)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.start.Main.parseCommandLine(Main.java:280)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.start.Main.main(Main.java:82)
/Users/dmclean/Library/Application
Support/IntelliJIdea10/JettyIntegration/bin/jetty.sh
Disconnected from server
2010-12-14 11:58:35.185:INFO::Graceful shutdown
SelectChannelConnector@0.0.0.0:20100
2010-12-14 11:58:35.186:INFO::Graceful shutdown
SelectChannelConnector@0.0.0.0:20100
2010-12-14 11:58:35.213:INFO::Graceful shutdown
WebAppContext@72d006a7@72d006a7/,file:/Users/dmclean/IdeaProjects/dsb/dads/out/artifacts/devAOI

14 comments
Comment actions Permalink

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 12:19:03 -0500, Donald Mclean wrote:

Hi Donald,

on the face of it, the exceptions are coming from Jetty itself and not
the plug-in.  However, it's the plug-in that's causing the problem.  It
turns out there's a difference in the content of the start.ini file in
the Hightide variant of Jetty compared to the same file in the vanilla
distribution: Hightide's version enables various configuration files
while the vanilla version enables none.

I hadn't realised how start.ini (introduced in Jetty 7) is used.  It
seems that any config files enabled in that file are loaded in addition
to any that are marked 'active' by the plug-in (and passed to Jetty on
the commandline).  So the solution is to ensure that any config files
specified in start.ini are not also specified in the plug-in (and vice
versa) - probably easiest to settle on configuring in one place or the
other.  If you want to use them, you'll have to enable jetty-hightide.xml
and jetty-debug.xml in start.ini as they contain a DOCTYPE element that
the plug-in will ignore (alternatively, edit the DOCTYPE elements of
those files to be the same as those in the the other files).

The plug-in could help by parsing start.ini and warning if a file is
enabled in more than one location.

--
Mark Scott
mark@codebrewer.com

0
Comment actions Permalink

Ok, by disabling jetty.xml in the plugin run configuration, the
exception trying to bind to the port goes away and connecting to the
server works.

Unfortunately, that only helps a little bit. I need to deploy a built
WAR file and "deploy -> external source" does not work at all.

Donald

On 12/14/10 5:13 PM, Mark Scott wrote:

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 12:19:03 -0500, Donald Mclean wrote:

>

Hi Donald,

>

on the face of it, the exceptions are coming from Jetty itself and not
the plug-in.  However, it's the plug-in that's causing the problem.  It
turns out there's a difference in the content of the start.ini file in
the Hightide variant of Jetty compared to the same file in the vanilla
distribution: Hightide's version enables various configuration files
while the vanilla version enables none.

>

I hadn't realised how start.ini (introduced in Jetty 7) is used.  It
seems that any config files enabled in that file are loaded in addition
to any that are marked 'active' by the plug-in (and passed to Jetty on
the commandline).  So the solution is to ensure that any config files
specified in start.ini are not also specified in the plug-in (and vice
versa) - probably easiest to settle on configuring in one place or the
other.  If you want to use them, you'll have to enable jetty-hightide.xml
and jetty-debug.xml in start.ini as they contain a DOCTYPE element that
the plug-in will ignore (alternatively, edit the DOCTYPE elements of
those files to be the same as those in the the other files).

>

The plug-in could help by parsing start.ini and warning if a file is
enabled in more than one location.

>

0
Comment actions Permalink

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 11:24:37 -0500, Donald Mclean wrote:

Unfortunately, that only helps a little bit. I need to deploy a built
WAR file and "deploy -> external source" does not work at all.


I've never used that feature (and it's provided by IDEA's appserver
framework rather than the plug-in).  I see this in idea.log when I try
to use it:

2010-12-16 17:06:30,736   ERROR - com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue - Error during dispatching of java.awt.event.MouseEvent[MOUSE_RELEASED,(309,134),absolute(847,214),button=1,modifiers=Button1,clickCount=1] on dialog0
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Argument 1 for @NotNull parameter of com/intellij/javaee/deployment/ui/DeploymentSettingsPanel.createPanel must not be null
     at com.intellij.javaee.deployment.ui.DeploymentSettingsPanel.createPanel(DeploymentSettingsPanel.java)
     at com.intellij.javaee.deployment.ui.DeploymentSettingsPanel.addDeploymentModel(DeploymentSettingsPanel.java:272)
     at com.intellij.javaee.deployment.ui.actions.AddExternalFileToDeployAction.actionPerformed(AddExternalFileToDeployAction.java:53)
     at com.intellij.openapi.actionSystem.impl.ActionMenuItem$ActionTransmitter$1.run(ActionMenuItem.java:234)
     at com.intellij.openapi.wm.impl.FocusManagerImpl.runOnOwnContext(FocusManagerImpl.java:629)
     at com.intellij.openapi.wm.impl.IdeFocusManagerImpl.runOnOwnContext(IdeFocusManagerImpl.java:98)
     at com.intellij.openapi.actionSystem.impl.ActionMenuItem$ActionTransmitter.actionPerformed(ActionMenuItem.java:220)
     at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1995)
     at com.intellij.openapi.actionSystem.impl.ActionMenuItem.fireActionPerformed(ActionMenuItem.java:92)
     at com.intellij.ui.plaf.beg.BegMenuItemUI.a(BegMenuItemUI.java:512)
     at com.intellij.ui.plaf.beg.BegMenuItemUI.access$300(BegMenuItemUI.java:44)
     at com.intellij.ui.plaf.beg.BegMenuItemUI$MyMouseInputHandler.mouseReleased(BegMenuItemUI.java:532)
     at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6267)
     at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3267)
     at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6032)
     at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2041)
     at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4630)
     at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2099)
     at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4460)
     at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4577)
     at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4238)
     at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4168)
     at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2085)
     at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2478)
     at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4460)
     at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:599)
     at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.e(IdeEventQueue.java:652)
     at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue._dispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:502)
     at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.b(IdeEventQueue.java:405)
     at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.dispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:369)
     at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
     at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
     at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:178)
     at java.awt.Dialog$1.run(Dialog.java:1046)
     at java.awt.Dialog$3.run(Dialog.java:1098)
     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
     at java.awt.Dialog.show(Dialog.java:1096)
     at com.intellij.openapi.ui.impl.DialogWrapperPeerImpl$MyDialog.show(DialogWrapperPeerImpl.java:670)
     at com.intellij.openapi.ui.impl.DialogWrapperPeerImpl.show(DialogWrapperPeerImpl.java:412)
     at com.intellij.openapi.ui.DialogWrapper.showAndGetOk(DialogWrapper.java:1063)
     at com.intellij.openapi.ui.DialogWrapper.show(DialogWrapper.java:1048)
     at com.intellij.execution.actions.EditRunConfigurationsAction.actionPerformed(EditRunConfigurationsAction.java:39)
     at com.intellij.ui.popup.PopupFactoryImpl$ActionPopupStep$1.run(PopupFactoryImpl.java:500)
     at com.intellij.openapi.wm.impl.FocusManagerImpl.e(FocusManagerImpl.java:469)
     at com.intellij.openapi.wm.impl.FocusManagerImpl.d(FocusManagerImpl.java:452)
     at com.intellij.openapi.wm.impl.FocusManagerImpl.access$200(FocusManagerImpl.java:49)
     at com.intellij.openapi.wm.impl.FocusManagerImpl$1.runEdt(FocusManagerImpl.java:77)
     at com.intellij.openapi.util.EdtRunnable$1.run(EdtRunnable.java:25)
     at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
     at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:597)
     at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.e(IdeEventQueue.java:652)
     at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue._dispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:506)
     at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.b(IdeEventQueue.java:405)
     at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.dispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:369)
     at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
     at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
     at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:174)
     at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:169)
     at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
     at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)


Looks like an IDEA bug to me i.e. I'd expect the same if using, say,
Tomcat rather than Jetty.

If your 'external' war file name and location are constant then you could
probably create a config file that specifically deploys it and avoid having
to use "deploy -> external source".

--
Mark Scott
mark@codebrewer.com

0
Comment actions Permalink

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 17:25:18 +0000, Mark Scott wrote:

Looks like an IDEA bug to me i.e. I'd expect the same if using, say,
Tomcat rather than Jetty.


Should have tested that first :)  The Tomcat integration opens a
filechooser.  I'll see if I can figure out what's going wrong in Jetty's
case.

--
Mark Scott
mark@codebrewer.com

0
Comment actions Permalink

In the meantime, I came up with an artifact deployment that seems to
work except that I can't actually bring up the app.

2010-12-16 14:58:24.458:INFO::Deploy
/Users/dmclean/Library/Caches/IntelliJIdea10/jetty_f0c586619/contexts/devAOI.xml
->
WebAppContext@28bd36fa@28bd36fa/,file:/Users/dmclean/IdeaProjects/dsb/dads/out/artifacts/devAOI/

I know that it's reading the contents of my directory because I get all
of the proper initialization debug in the console but when I try to
bring up the index page in the browser, it says:

HTTP ERROR 404

Problem accessing /devAOI. Reason:

     Not Found

(http://localhost works - I get a Jetty welcome page)

Is there any way to tell what apps are deployed on a Jetty server? Am I
doing something obviously stupid here?

Thank you,

Donald

0
Comment actions Permalink

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 15:14:23 -0500, Donald Mclean wrote:

Is there any way to tell what apps are deployed on a Jetty server? Am I
doing something obviously stupid here?


You could get Jetty to tell you by preventing any webapp from being
deployed to the root context.

You said earlier you've gone with using start.ini rather than the plug-in
for selecting the config files to be used.  The files that are enabled by
that file are controlling the contexts that are deployed.  If you've got
etc/jetty-deploy.xml enabled then it'll be looking for XML context
configuration files in the 'contexts' directory, and webapps in the
'webapps' directory.

If you delete the webapps/root/ dir then you should find that instead of
the welcome page you get a 404 page that lists all of the deployed
contexts.

--
Mark Scott
mark@codebrewer.com

0
Comment actions Permalink

I mis-remembered your directions and removed the entire webapps
directory. The result was that my app became the root app, which works
just fine.

Thank you for your help, Mark.

Donald

On 12/16/10 5:08 PM, Mark Scott wrote:

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 15:14:23 -0500, Donald Mclean wrote:

>
>> Is there any way to tell what apps are deployed on a Jetty server? Am I
>> doing something obviously stupid here?
>

You could get Jetty to tell you by preventing any webapp from being
deployed to the root context.

>

You said earlier you've gone with using start.ini rather than the plug-in
for selecting the config files to be used.  The files that are enabled by
that file are controlling the contexts that are deployed.  If you've got
etc/jetty-deploy.xml enabled then it'll be looking for XML context
configuration files in the 'contexts' directory, and webapps in the
'webapps' directory.

>

If you delete the webapps/root/ dir then you should find that instead of
the welcome page you get a 404 page that lists all of the deployed
contexts.

>

0
Comment actions Permalink

On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 11:08:47 -0500, Donald Mclean wrote:

Thank you for your help, Mark.


You're welcome.

With input from Jetbrains via the openapi newsgroup I've been able to get
deployment of external sources working correctly.  I should be able to
get an updated plug-in build released today.

--
Mark Scott
mark@codebrewer.com

0
Comment actions Permalink

Works like a charm. Since that's a closer match to our standard
deployment scenario, I like it much better.

Again, thank you.

While I've got your attention, any thoughts on why Start Browser doesn't
work?

Donald

On 12/21/10 12:21 PM, Mark Scott wrote:

On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 11:08:47 -0500, Donald Mclean wrote:

>
>> Thank you for your help, Mark.
>

You're welcome.

>

With input from Jetbrains via the openapi newsgroup I've been able to get
deployment of external sources working correctly.  I should be able to
get an updated plug-in build released today.

>

0
Comment actions Permalink

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 11:52:41 -0500, Donald Mclean wrote:

While I've got your attention, any thoughts on why Start Browser doesn't
work?


That capability is provided by IDEA's appserver framework rather than the
plug-in, and both options (system default and manually specified) work
for me.

Have you got the correct URL (including port number) specified in the
'Startup page' field of the run/debug config?  The plug-in doesn't parse
the Jetty config files so won't pick up the fact you might have changed
from the default 8080.  It looks like IDEA doesn't launch the browser
unless it finds a listener at the specified location.

--
Mark Scott
mark@codebrewer.com

0
Comment actions Permalink

On 12/22/10 3:17 PM, Mark Scott wrote:

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 11:52:41 -0500, Donald Mclean wrote:

>
>> While I've got your attention, any thoughts on why Start Browser doesn't
>> work?
>

That capability is provided by IDEA's appserver framework rather than the
plug-in, and both options (system default and manually specified) work
for me.

>

Have you got the correct URL (including port number) specified in the
'Startup page' field of the run/debug config?  The plug-in doesn't parse
the Jetty config files so won't pick up the fact you might have changed
from the default 8080.  It looks like IDEA doesn't launch the browser
unless it finds a listener at the specified location.


Yes, I checked the URL. I put in the exact URL that I use when I bring
up the page by hand (in fact, I copy/pasted it just to be sure).

How soon does IDEA check? The build takes nearly a minute.

Donald

0
Comment actions Permalink

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 15:52:55 -0500, Donald Mclean wrote:

Yes, I checked the URL. I put in the exact URL that I use when I bring
up the page by hand (in fact, I copy/pasted it just to be sure).

How soon does IDEA check? The build takes nearly a minute.


I pointed IDEA at a port with no listener, and a packet sniffer shows it
sending a SYN request once per second.  I stopped it after 100 seconds...

I think the only other relevant configuration setting is:

File | Settings | IDE Settings | Web Browsers | Default Web Browser

and as I say, both alternatives work for me.  Is anything relevant logged
in idea.log?  Is your browser launched if you right-click on an html file
in IDEA's project tree and select Open in Browser?  That apparently uses
the same mechanism to launch the browser.

--
Mark Scott
mark@codebrewer.com

0
Comment actions Permalink

On 12/22/10 3:52 PM, Donald Mclean wrote:

On 12/22/10 3:17 PM, Mark Scott wrote:

>> On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 11:52:41 -0500, Donald Mclean wrote:
>>
>>> While I've got your attention, any thoughts on why Start Browser doesn't
>>> work?
>>
>> That capability is provided by IDEA's appserver framework rather than the
>> plug-in, and both options (system default and manually specified) work
>> for me.
>>
>> Have you got the correct URL (including port number) specified in the
>> 'Startup page' field of the run/debug config? The plug-in doesn't parse
>> the Jetty config files so won't pick up the fact you might have changed
>> from the default 8080. It looks like IDEA doesn't launch the browser
>> unless it finds a listener at the specified location.
>

Yes, I checked the URL. I put in the exact URL that I use when I bring
up the page by hand (in fact, I copy/pasted it just to be sure).

>

How soon does IDEA check? The build takes nearly a minute.


No, that couldn't be it. I figured out how to create a regular IDEA
artifact that works just as well (and the build is much faster). Now I
can test both ways!

Start browser still doesn't work though. Drat.

Donald

0
Comment actions Permalink

On 12/22/10 4:30 PM, Mark Scott wrote:

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 15:52:55 -0500, Donald Mclean wrote:

>
>> Yes, I checked the URL. I put in the exact URL that I use when I bring
>> up the page by hand (in fact, I copy/pasted it just to be sure).
>>
>> How soon does IDEA check? The build takes nearly a minute.
>

I pointed IDEA at a port with no listener, and a packet sniffer shows it
sending a SYN request once per second.  I stopped it after 100 seconds...

>

I think the only other relevant configuration setting is:

>

File | Settings | IDE Settings | Web Browsers | Default Web Browser

>

and as I say, both alternatives work for me.  Is anything relevant logged
in idea.log?  Is your browser launched if you right-click on an html file
in IDEA's project tree and select Open in Browser?  That apparently uses
the same mechanism to launch the browser.


I tried the right-click and HTML file thing and it worked fine. Web page
does not come up for Jetty Plugin though.

I looked in ~/Library/Caches/IntelliJIdea10 and didn't see any log files
or a log file directory. I'm using the 10.0.1 release.

Donald

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.