Issues importing eclipse project with multile Android modules

I observed the following behavior in 9.04. I imported an eclipse workspace with approximately 15 example Android projects. First problem I observed was Intellij not picking up the AndroidManifest files and creating the required facet for each project. I added it manually to one module and tried to run it in the emulator. The module I configured manually failed to build or deploy on the emulator. I restarted the IDE then Intellij picked up all the manifest files and I was able to build and run on the emulator. Can anyone explain the behavior? Looks like a bug to me. I don't think a restart should be necessary and I can reproduce it.

Grant

2 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Quick follow-up: My host operating system is OS X 10.6.5. I tried the same procedure a second time and now the restart and Invalidate Caches fails to resolve the issues. Importing an eclipse workspace with Android modules is failing to create a valid project in 9.04. I also tried IDEA X and it croaked too. I can get it working but only with a manual setup. The eclipse import is unreliable at best. I'm observing errors like the following in the 9.04 logs when trying to compile after importing the eclipse workspace:

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.jetbrains.android.compiler.AndroidPackagingCompiler$MyValidityState.<init>(AndroidPackagingCompiler.java:272)
    at org.jetbrains.android.compiler.AndroidPackagingCompiler$AptPackagingItem.getValidityState(AndroidPackagingCompiler.java:238)
    at com.intellij.compiler.impl.CompileDriver$CacheDeferredUpdater$1.run(CompileDriver.java:2249)
    at com.intellij.openapi.application.impl.ApplicationImpl.runReadAction(ApplicationImpl.java:697)
    at com.intellij.compiler.impl.CompileDriver$CacheDeferredUpdater.doUpdate(CompileDriver.java:2243)
    at com.intellij.compiler.impl.CompileDriver.a(CompileDriver.java:1105)
    at com.intellij.compiler.impl.CompileDriver.a(CompileDriver.java:755)
    at com.intellij.compiler.impl.CompileDriver.a(CompileDriver.java:474)
    at com.intellij.compiler.impl.CompileDriver.access$700(CompileDriver.java:98)
    at com.intellij.compiler.impl.CompileDriver$6.run(CompileDriver.java:417)
    at com.intellij.compiler.progress.CompilerTask.run(CompilerTask.java:141)
    at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.ProgressManagerImpl$TaskRunnable.run(ProgressManagerImpl.java:428)
    at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.ProgressManagerImpl$2.run(ProgressManagerImpl.java:198)
    at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.ProgressManagerImpl.executeProcessUnderProgress(ProgressManagerImpl.java:223)
    at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.ProgressManagerImpl.runProcess(ProgressManagerImpl.java:189)
    at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.ProgressManagerImpl$6.run(ProgressManagerImpl.java:343)
    at com.intellij.openapi.application.impl.ApplicationImpl$5.run(ApplicationImpl.java:331)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)



Grant

0
Comment actions Permalink

Also tested in 9.03 and it works fine so appears to be a regression in 9.04 when working with Android projects.

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.