Code style/format problem

I have the following problem that may be a setting I'm missing or a bug so I'm asking which one?

I have code style set to place the opening bracket for classes/methods/other on the next line, not indented. But, for some reason, when I reformat code the class opening bracket get indented. Methods and other don't have the problem. I'm also getting the closing method bracket "un-indented". So, after reformatting my code looks like the following:


but what I want is this:


Is this a setting I have mucked up or a bug? I'm using build 3126

5 comments

I format my code the same way and it also doesn't work as I expected.

Franklin.

Brad Lane wrote:

I have the following problem that may be a setting I'm missing or a bug so I'm asking which one?

I have code style set to place the opening bracket for classes/methods/other on the next line, not indented. But, for some reason, when I reformat code the class opening bracket get indented. Methods and other don't have the problem. I'm also getting the closing method bracket "un-indented". So, after reformatting my code looks like the following:

 class Foo
>     {
>     public void method()
>     {
>         ...
> }
> }
> ]]>


but what I want is this:

 class Foo
> {
>     public void method()
>     {
>         ...
>     }
> }
> ]]>


Is this a setting I have mucked up or a bug? I'm using build 3126

0

I'll file a bug then.

Franklin wrote:

I format my code the same way and it also doesn't work as I expected.

Franklin.

Brad Lane wrote:

>> I have the following problem that may be a setting I'm missing or a
>> bug so I'm asking which one?
>> I have code style set to place the opening bracket for
>> classes/methods/other on the next line, not indented. But, for some
>> reason, when I reformat code the class opening bracket get indented.
>> Methods and other don't have the problem. I'm also getting the closing
>> method bracket "un-indented". So, after reformatting my code looks
>> like the following:
>>
>>

> class Foo
>>     {
>>     public void method()
>>     {
>>         ...
>> }
>> }
>> ]]>

>>
>> but what I want is this:
>>
>>

> class Foo
>> {
>>     public void method()
>>     {
>>         ...
>>     }
>> }
>> ]]>

>>
>> Is this a setting I have mucked up or a bug? I'm using build 3126

--
"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy,
education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary.
Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of
punishment and hope of reward after death."
[Albert Einstein, "Religion and Science", New York Times Magazine, 9
November 1930]

0

I'm almost sure someone already did it.

I posted a message complaining about this some weeks (maybe months) ago. :)

Franklin.

Brad wrote:

I'll file a bug then.

Franklin wrote:

>> I format my code the same way and it also doesn't work as I expected.
>>
>> Franklin.
>>
>> Brad Lane wrote:
>>
>>> I have the following problem that may be a setting I'm missing or a
>>> bug so I'm asking which one?
>>> I have code style set to place the opening bracket for
>>> classes/methods/other on the next line, not indented. But, for some
>>> reason, when I reformat code the class opening bracket get indented.
>>> Methods and other don't have the problem. I'm also getting the
>>> closing method bracket "un-indented". So, after reformatting my code
>>> looks like the following:
>>>
>>>

>> class Foo
>>>     {
>>>     public void method()
>>>     {
>>>         ...
>>> }
>>> }
>>> ]]>

>>>
>>> but what I want is this:
>>>
>>>

>> class Foo
>>> {
>>>     public void method()
>>>     {
>>>         ...
>>>     }
>>> }
>>> ]]>

>>>
>>> Is this a setting I have mucked up or a bug? I'm using build 3126


0

Please sign in to leave a comment.