i really like idea, but i have to use C/C++ from time to time. Up to now there was no real ide like intellij for tasks like this. sure there is eclipse.cdt, which becomes better and better but is still quiet buggy (especially the code parser is slow and does not work really).
So i thought to give ms a trial. i just downloaded ms.visualexpress 8b1. i can say to you: it was impressive.
- code-navigation (go to def, go to decl, usage-search, go to last/next edit location) (cdt 's definition-search is more than painful: slow, incomplete and hard to access)
- really cool winodw managment (same as flexible as in eclipse3 but IMHO more intuitive; idea is here clearly outdated)
- copy and paste in project-navigator (i know it is planed for irida)
- quiet intelligent code completition
and for me a real top-feature (never seen elsewhere):
- a window which shows the definition of the element (struct, class, method) where the cursor in the editor currently stays. This is especially cool in ASNSI C with all small structs i always forget. Is there a way to get this for intellij too?
sure there is currently no built in refactoring, it is still a little bit buggy, but it looks and feels very polished.
i know it was offtopic, but it is ide-development-related so thought it could be posted here.