There is one important issue we would like to have your opinions about: our tracker. Quite some time ago we came to the state where our current situation with the tracker simply does not solve the task it was created for. There are a few issues:
- the amount of poorly processed issues exceeds our abilities to process them efficiently
- the priorities assigned to requests do not reflect their real values, nor contain submitter-specific severity attributes
- a lot of old requests that migrate from version to version with no actions takes
- quite a lot of duplicate requests that aren't marked such
- a lot of obsolete requests not processed in time
- a lot of "To be Discussed" requests that have to be sorted out
- there are many more issues that you are aware of yourself and I did not want to bring here...
So, what we would like to do is to review (and reset) the request database somehow that it becomes usable in the process of providing the best service to our community, customers and teams. Thus, the solution that could possibly work is to allow some time, say 1 month, for you to mark all the requests you consider important and later they will be transferred to the new database. We guarantee that all such requests will be correctly reviewed, planned, etc but we need this help from you in reducing the total number. There are just too many of them to handle, I hope you understand.
Please let us know what you think about it, whatever your opinion is.
"Develop with pleasure!"