Any update on when debugging will be fixed?

Debugging does not appear to work. The last build that I have that I
know works is 2126. Unfortunately, I'm in the middle of testing a bunch
of code, so it makes the later builds useless to me.

Is there any update on when it will be fixed.

--
Norris Shelton
Sun Certified Java Programmer

7 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Hi,

Please, provide more details on what is not working.

Norris Shelton wrote:

Debugging does not appear to work. The last build that I have that I
know works is 2126. Unfortunately, I'm in the middle of testing a bunch
of code, so it makes the later builds useless to me.

Is there any update on when it will be fixed.



--
Best regards,
Maxim Mossienko
IntelliJ Labs / JetBrains Inc.
http://www.intellij.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

0
Comment actions Permalink

Sorry, I thought it was a known problem.

I am starting Tomcat 4.1.18 manually and attaching to a remove socket
for debug. I am NOT trying to debug JSPs. If I use build 2126 (and
before), it will stop on breakpoints in java code that is in the SRC
path and let me step through. In the later builds, it connects, but
nothing happens.

Is there any troubleshooting I can do for you?

Norris Shelton
Sun Certified Java Programmer




Maxim Mossienko wrote:

Hi,

>

Please, provide more details on what is not working.

>

Norris Shelton wrote:

>
>> Debugging does not appear to work. The last build that I have that I
>> know works is 2126. Unfortunately, I'm in the middle of testing a
>> bunch of code, so it makes the later builds useless to me.
>>
>> Is there any update on when it will be fixed.
>>
>
>

0
Comment actions Permalink

I can add some information to this:
When attaching to a remote process, existing breakpoints
are not marked as active ( with the little black tick),
instead they are just red circles, as if the debugger is
not active. Sometimes removing and adding the break point
after attching to the debugee helps, most of the times
it does not and the only solution I found was to close the
debug window altogether (Ctrl-Shift-F4) and start a debug
session again by clicking the Debug button on the toolbar
and then enabling the same break points again.

0
Comment actions Permalink

I'm seeing this as well - the only way I've been able to get around it is to activate the breakpoints after I've attached the debugger. Any breakpoints attached before, simply don't work. I'd assumed it was just my setup.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Does anybody know of a ticket for this? If not, I will make one. This
has to be a STOPSHIP.

Norris Shelton
Sun Certified Java Programmer




Simon Knott wrote:

>I'm seeing this as well - the only way I've been able to get around it is to activate the breakpoints after I've attached the debugger. Any breakpoints attached before, simply don't work. I'd assumed it was just my setup.

>

0
Comment actions Permalink

Fantastic. Thanks. You have already saved me some time.

Norris Shelton
Sun Certified Java Programmer




Alexei Nikitin wrote:

>http://www.intellij.net/tracker/idea/viewSCR?publicId=35229

>

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.