after waiting some time I'm giving the PHP debugger another try. I just downloaded 9.0.1 and things are looking better now (yay!) but I still have a hopefully minor configuration problem that I can't figure out:
- My project files are located at /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/myproject/trunk/
- I have a module that points to /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/myproject/trunk/ so if I e.g. open the file /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/myproject/trunk/xy.php, the path that will be displayed in the window title bar is ".../xy.php".
- In my debug configuration, I have set "Local path on client" to "/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/myproject/trunk/" and "Local path on server" to "/" (which was essential to get things working as well as they are now - but maybe I'm missing something?)
When I navigate to the file xy.php, I of course end up in ".../xy.php". The problem is: when I set a breakpoint in this file and then start the debugger, it stops at the breakpoint in the correct line but the file that is displayed is located at /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/myproject/trunk/xy.php instead of .../xy.php (which is the same file, Idea just handles them as two different files and displays them in two separate tabs).
Some of the negative side effects of this are that
- the breakpoints are not visible in the file (although the debugger stops at the correct line) which means I can not remove them while debugging
- when I try to edit the content of the file, the changes are not synched to ../xy.php and from prior experience I assume that I'm only asking for trouble if I try to edit the file and then force a resynchronization
- "Autoscroll to source" is of course not working since Idea thinks the file is not part of my project tree
I'm very glad that I got things working this far but if this could be fixed, it would be perfect. I tried various configuration options but maybe I just missed something (maybe I have to add something else as a module, external library or something like that?)