I've noticed that 9.0 CE for some reason is debugging my project very slowly when running under Snow Leopard.
In my case I'm using the java 1.6.0 VM and when I set a break point on any method once it hits the break point when I "next" over the break point it takes a very long time to continue executing.
I've since set up the same project under Eclipse and I'm not noticing this behaviour. I'm also seeing no delays when I use the 1.5.0 JVM under snow leopard. (not the link but the restored 1.5.0 JDK from Leopard)
If I run and not debug there is no delays.
I can also set a break point _after_ the line that I'm nexting over and it will quickly get to the break point. It's only when I am "next" over the break point that I notice these delays.
There is no delays in Eclipse nor if I run and not debug in IntelliJ. I takes 12 minutes to configure my Hibernate Configuration if I'm nexting over it whereas if I run over it it's configured in other a second.