Reformat code, @author-tag and commas

In build 977 the @author-tag started acting weird. When running "Reformat Code" having an author-tag like this:
@author , the reformatted code looks like this: @author @author ]]>

Is there any way to configure this?

cheers,
Sakke

5 comments

Sakke Wiik wrote:

In build 977 the @author-tag started acting weird. When running "Reformat Code" having an author-tag like this:
@author <my name>, <my company>
the reformatted code looks like this:
@author <my name>
@author <my company>

Is there any way to configure this?


I'm not 100% sure but I think the "@author name1, name2" syntax was
deprecated and it was recommended that separate @author tags be used.
IDEA is probably trying to be smart and correct what it thinks is
deprecated syntax. Perhaps if you formatted it as "@author ()" or "@author - "? Ciao, Gordon -- Gordon Tyler (Software Developer) Quest Software ]]>
260 King Street East, Toronto, Ontario M5A 4L5, Canada
Voice: 416-643-4846 | Fax: 416-594-1919

0

]]> IDEA is smart.... TOO smart..

Gordon Tyler wrote:

Sakke Wiik wrote:

>> In build 977 the @author-tag started acting weird. When running
>> "Reformat Code" having an author-tag like this:
>> @author , >> the reformatted code looks like this: >> @author >> @author >> >>]]> Is there any way to configure this?


I'm not 100% sure but I think the "@author name1, name2" syntax was
deprecated and it was recommended that separate @author tags be used.
IDEA is probably trying to be smart and correct what it thinks is
deprecated syntax. Perhaps if you formatted it as "@author <my name>
(<my company>)" or "@author <my name> - <my company>"?

Ciao,
Gordon


0

I haven't heard this would be deprecated. Javadoc doesn't give any note about this. The Javadoc documentation(http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/tooldocs/windows/javadoc.html) says: "You can specify one name per @author tag or multiple names per tag. In the former case, the Javadoc tool inserts a comma (,) and space between names."

This doesn't have anything to do with my problem, or have I misunderstood something?

cheers,
Sakke

0

Sakke Wiik wrote:

I haven't heard this would be deprecated. Javadoc doesn't give any note about this. The Javadoc documentation(http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/tooldocs/windows/javadoc.html) says: "You can specify one name per @author tag or multiple names per tag. In the former case, the Javadoc tool inserts a comma (,) and space between names."

This doesn't have anything to do with my problem, or have I misunderstood something?


If you read a bit further... "In the latter case, the entire text is
simply copied to the generated document without being parsed. Therefore,
you can use multiple names per line if you want a localized name
separator other than comma."

In other words, if there is one @author tag it's contents are copied
verbatim without being parsed and so IDEA shouldn't be trying to
separate it into what it thinks are multiple authors.

So, yes, I think this is a bug.

Ciao,
Gordon

--
Gordon Tyler (Software Developer)
Quest Software <http://java.quest.com/>
260 King Street East, Toronto, Ontario M5A 4L5, Canada
Voice: 416-643-4846 | Fax: 416-594-1919

0

Well, there's already SCR for this planned for Aurora.
Don't worry this will be fixed.

--

Best regards,
Maxim Shafirov
JetBrains, Inc / IntelliJ Software
http://www.intellij.com
"Develop with pleasure!"


"Gordon Tyler" <gordon.tyler@quest.com> wrote in message
news:bpvv07$edh$1@is.intellij.net...

Sakke Wiik wrote:

>

I haven't heard this would be deprecated. Javadoc doesn't give any note

about this. The Javadoc
documentation(http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/tooldocs/windows/javadoc.h
tml) says: "You can specify one name per @author tag or multiple names per
tag. In the former case, the Javadoc tool inserts a comma (,) and space
between names."

>

This doesn't have anything to do with my problem, or have I

misunderstood something?
>

If you read a bit further... "In the latter case, the entire text is
simply copied to the generated document without being parsed. Therefore,
you can use multiple names per line if you want a localized name
separator other than comma."

>

In other words, if there is one @author tag it's contents are copied
verbatim without being parsed and so IDEA shouldn't be trying to
separate it into what it thinks are multiple authors.

>

So, yes, I think this is a bug.

>

Ciao,
Gordon

>

--
Gordon Tyler (Software Developer)
Quest Software <http://java.quest.com/>
260 King Street East, Toronto, Ontario M5A 4L5, Canada
Voice: 416-643-4846 | Fax: 416-594-1919

>


0

Please sign in to leave a comment.