anyone try importing a Flex Builder 3 project to IDEA 8?

If someone has the necessary steps documented to import a Flex Builder 3 project to IDEA 8 and get rolling, I'd be very grateful. I saw the document about starting from scratch with flex sdk, but this is a little different.

Would also like to know if there's a way to get the ant/build scripts setup to leverage the SDK location(s) via some project-settings and/or wizard. Seems like a bit of a hack to have to create a project using the IDE and then go manually edit a bunch of files to point to the right SDK locations, etc. (At least that's what the document said, I'm hoping it's outdated and there's an easier way with the full-release of IDEA 8.)

Thanks in advance!
-AJ

6 comments
Comment actions Permalink

For IDEA 8.0.1 eap build 9144, in wizard specify Flex SDK location,
create source root(s) containing all classes / mxmls, uncheck use flex
compiler config. After module created specify 'use IDE builder instead
of ANT' option and setup library dependencies for module. IDEA will
generate temp compiler config automatically (beware of libraries with
spaces in the path out of project root, latter causes fcsh compiling
problems in this version ;).

AJ wrote:

If someone has the necessary steps documented to import a Flex Builder 3 project to IDEA 8 and get rolling, I'd be very grateful. I saw the document about starting from scratch with flex sdk, but this is a little different.

Would also like to know if there's a way to get the ant/build scripts setup to leverage the SDK location(s) via some project-settings and/or wizard. Seems like a bit of a hack to have to create a project using the IDE and then go manually edit a bunch of files to point to the right SDK locations, etc. (At least that's what the document said, I'm hoping it's outdated and there's an easier way with the full-release of IDEA 8.)

Thanks in advance!
-AJ



--
Best regards,
Maxim Mossienko
IntelliJ Labs / JetBrains Inc.
http://www.intellij.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi Maxim.
It doesn't work if i set module dependency. For now it generates following config
true cap ]]>

and this xml isn't valid(

We have rather complex project with main module, lib module and one external module and i've been trying to set up idea project for a long time but still without success :(
And we really looking forward for such support witih IDEA IDE

0
Comment actions Permalink

Thank you for the information, is it how real config should look for
library module?

Sergey wrote:

Hi Maxim.
It doesn't work if i set module dependency. For now it generates following config
<flex-config xmlns="http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex-config">
<compiler>
<debug>true</debug>
</compiler>
<include-classes>
<class>cap</class>
</include-classes>
</flex-config>

and this xml isn't valid(

We have rather complex project with main module, lib module and one external module and i've been trying to set up idea project for a long time but still without success :(
And we really looking forward for such support witih IDEA IDE



--
Best regards,
Maxim Mossienko
IntelliJ Labs / JetBrains Inc.
http://www.intellij.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

0
Comment actions Permalink

It was a piece of generated temp-flex-config.xml for secondary module with library module dependency.
...and when i try to build my main module with the same dependency, it generates somethng like that
true PortalMainApp/PortalMainApp.mxml At first, there are no any dependecies - so compilation errors occurs. At second, tag ]]> marks red and complains that "flex-configType" has no namespace.

0
Comment actions Permalink

In next EAP build IDEA should have passing '-library-path' for library
module output and '-source-path' for dependent modules source. Flex
compiler schema namespace issue is also fixed.

Sergey wrote:

It was a piece of generated temp-flex-config.xml for secondary module with library module dependency.
..and when i try to build my main module with the same dependency, it generates somethng like that
<flex-config xmlns="http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex-config">
<compiler>
<debug>true</debug>
</compiler>
<file-specs>
<path-element>PortalMainApp/PortalMainApp.mxml</path-element>
</file-specs>
</flex-config>
At first, there are no any dependecies - so compilation errors occurs.
At second, tag <file-specs> marks red and complains that "flex-configType" has no namespace.



--
Best regards,
Maxim Mossienko
IntelliJ Labs / JetBrains Inc.
http://www.intellij.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

0
Comment actions Permalink

Thanks , i am looking forward to the next build

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.