I have a problem with the remote debugging in IntelliJ 6.0.5. I run my web app. deployed in Tomcat 4 and I want the debugger stop at breakpoints I set in IntelliJ. Below are the steps I do:
1. Select Run/Edit Configurations...
2. Add New Configuration and select Tomcat Server/remote
3. On the server tab, I specifies my Tomcat server as Application Server. I check Make checkbox.
4. On the Startup/Connection tab, I select Debug and Shared memory radio button. This is what IntelliJ shows -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_shmem,address=javadebug,suspend=n,server=y
5. Click Apply/OK.
6. Start up my Tomcat server.
7. Click Debugger on the tool bar.
8. Run my application in the browser.
Debugger does not stop at breakpoints I set in IntelliJ. I observe that there is no debugging window open when I click the Debugger icon and if I keep clicking on this icon a message pops up:
Error running TC4: Unable to open debugger port : java.io.IOException "shmemBase_attach failed: The system cannot find the file specified
TC4 is the name I set in Application server.
Could sombody please show me how to fix the problem. Thank you very much!