Hi, I just got into editing resource bundles with multiple languages. I run into a host of basic functionality issues that it makes me wonder if anybody ever used this feature? Or nobody cares?
Keep in mind I'm talking about editing a group of *.properties files (not a single file) which have same name and and differ only in country code, e.g. messages.properties, messages_en.properties, messages_de.properties. In this case IDEA groups the files into Resource Bundle tree and you can edit all languages simultaneously by opening one file into editor and then clicking Resource Bundle tab in the bottom of the page.
Here are my problems:
1) Refresh! When I add new property in the Text tab and switch into ResourceBundle tab the new property is not there. There is no refresh. I have to click 2x on Sort button to get the refresh.
2) No support for deleting property in Resource Bundle tab. You have to delete them manually in all files. And since there is no refresh it is annoying.
3) No support for creating new property in Resource Bundle tab. You have to switch to Text tab and create them manually. And since there is no refresh it is annoying.
4) The properties file can be renamed, but it's country code cannot be changed.
5) The help button in the toolbar is duplicated. But the first button shows topic "Commander Tool Window" which is offtopic and second button shows error Help topic "editing.propertyFile.bundleEditor" not found.
6) Everytime I open the resource bundle editor new the vertical splitter is moved 99% to the left so I always have to move it manually to the middle of the window.
Another nice to have features in Resource Bundle tab:
- Edit the property name
- Duplicate property with immediate name editing. Since I usually create a bunch of similar properties and change only last suffix e.g. page.customerquery.button.query, page.customerquery.button.cancel, page.customerquery.button.save
IDEA 7.0.3 7757