There is the list of small touches for refactoring which I believe can help in people life.
1. When I go and make "Change method signature", I am asked if I would like to change the this method in interface (it is cool!!!) but when I say yes, and let say I change return type from List to Collection - I am still in my file. In my interface there is no import for Collection (as it is missing in my currently edited class). Currently edited class is not a problem (I just press Alt+Enter, but in the Interface - I have to remember to go....
2. In the previous scenario I have comment on the method:
I change method signature to return Collection. The Comment should be changed too.
3. I would like to see two new features:
- Now I can refactor-rename one file, but let say I generated 200 objects by some tool. Now I like to refactor-rename all of the FooBazBar_VO to the FooBazBarVO. It will be great to have it. (it does not have to be fast)
- Multiple line replacement (across the project/directory). At least I have no idea how to do it right now.
4. On the end small bug. When I make some key stroke action (realy no matter which - let say Shift+F6) most of the times it works fine and the popup window has the focus, but sometimes it does not. I do not know if this is system related (Mandrake9.1 + GNOME + IDEA-873)
Best regards to you all