I'm in the process of moving from dual-screen desktop to laptop & external screen, and thanks to Windows 10 I'm having great difficulties with display scaling across various apps, but especially PHPStorm (10.0.2) with monitors of different resolutions / densities.
The main display is a MBP running Windows 10 and is 2560 x 1600 @ 175%, with the external monitor 1920 x 1080 @ 100%.
- When PS is on the laptop monitor, it looks pin sharp (but in reality is too small to use for coding)
- Move it to the external monitor, and it goes blurry. Not just the IDE text, but all labels.
- If I disable display scaling then it looks pin sharp on both monitors, but all text is HUGE on the external monitor
I've also tried various options such as:
- Togglng the override for Default Fonts in Settings > Appearance
- Making the external monitor the main monitor (which has worked in the past for other apps)
- Trying to open PHPStorm on one monitor first (no effect)
Whatever I try seems to be a tradeoff - one will look fine but the other will look awful.
Is there a solution to this? I'm about to throw the laptop out the window and go back to my desktop!