This is a short progress report of what was going on in the development team
1. AspectJ support. Some first working implementation of make with AspectJ
support has been implemented. We'll test it a bit internally and open
AspectJ support to EAP (we have some AspectJ support in editor already).
2. GUI designer.
We have completed an Ant task which replaces the 'javac' task and should be
used to build applications containing GUI forms. It's now used to build IDEA
builds (we use our GUI designer to develop IDEA for some time already).
Now we are redesigning our undo/redo management to support the GUI designer
(as well as other custom editors that might be written). After we finish it
and also make some changes to the GUI form file format, we'll open the GUI
designer to EAP.
3. We have completely rewritten the implementation of the editor management.
Now it supports arbitrary custom editors (JComponent) inside the tabbed pane
where all editors are located. This allowed us to put our GUI designer into
the editor pane.
The API of this subsystem should be reviewed and after that we'll make the
first public draft of "custom editor" API.
4. Generics support. We have started the work to support generics. Some
changes in working with the source code tree have been done through the
whole code base. Part of the support in the parser has been done.
4. We are working on multiple debuggers per one project. We have made some
refactorings of the debugger to achieve it.
5. We have started working on "Packages View".
6. CVS. 'Ext' connection method is now supported. Some support for branches
has been done. Added actions: Edit, Unedit, Commit for directory.
7. We were working on switching Local VCS to the new module architecture.
It's almost completed.
8. We were experimenting on Look&Feel changes. They are in progress yet
(that might cause inconsistencies).
9. Optimization has been done not to scan JDK and library sources on startup
(only classes are scanned). It will be available in #816.