You may tell me to go to Git GUI support but they'll tell me to come here so I'm asking here first.
This only happened on one apostrophe that I could find, but the apostrophe came up weird to begin with in PHPStorm, which had come from some previous coder's editor, so I fixed it with a single-quote from the keyboard, and when I check the file diff in Git GUI the apostrophe is gobbledygook characters but only if I change it from PHPStorm.
My PHPStorm is set to use UTF-8 (I don't know if this means it just shows them to me in UTF-8 format or actually saves them that way) and I can't figure out if Git GUI's just reading it wrong (haven't had a problem before). We have had problems before with a strange character screwing up app functionality so it is a real concern.
Attachment(s):PHPStorm Git GUI apostrophe.png