I do a lot of contracting work and adjusting to each company's code formatting style is getting quite annoying (especially when working on several projects at the same time). I'd like to be able to do the following:
1. Ability to define multiple coding style formats.
2. Display/edit files in IDE's editor using my preferred style.
3. When files are saved, format them using the company's style (so that external SCM-based diff tools work correctly).
4. Reformat files before submitting to SCM using the company's style.
5. When using any of SCM diff tools normalize formatting either to company's style or to my preferred style.
I know that IDEA can do #1 and #4 (though, I can't specify what style I want to use). Is there a way I can do any of the others? If not, is there a chance these are added in a feature version of IDEA?