I've noticed that very little progress has been made with JPAQL in the last few builds, so was wondering on whether it'll be improved over its rather sorry current state or scrapped.
Poor/non-functional named query support:
- Highlighting only seems to be done for inline queries, not named ones (eg, in @NamedQuery), they show up as plain strings
- Can't find usages on a named query
- Can't 'go to declaration' on a em.createNamedQuery("somename") - Should be able to go to declaration when cursor is in 'somename'.
- The query highlighting always bitches that it can't find the entity being queried. I don't see how you can figure out what the entity manager is, so safest approach is just to look through all persistence units for a matching entity name.
- Highlighter doesn't seem to really understand ejbql, this query is highlighted as invalid:
'select size(c.items) ....'